Scum Line

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class
After spending the weekend in the water back in the swamps down here, my boat has what I call a scum line. Basically it's a brownish stain where the water line was on the hull while the boat was in the water. <br /><br />This boat has an aluminum hull painted black and I would rather not use what I used to use on my other boat, a little comet cleanser and a scouring pad. <br /><br />Just wondering if any of you have any suggestions on what might easily take this stuff off. <br /><br />Thanks!

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Scum Line

Thank you all for your input. Of course, I'm looking for something that will not damage the paint and takes as little elbow grease as possible. I think your ideas fit that criteria. I'll try a few of them and let you know. <br /><br />Thanks again!!

Bondo

Staff member

A Scrubbing with a Handled Brush,...... Just as you hit the Trailer will remove Alot of it.......<br /><br />It'll Lessen the amount of Elbow Grease required Later,... When you're using 1 of those Soaps........

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just to pass this along: I did have several guys who fish a lot of tournaments around here tell me to spray the hull down with Pledge (furniture polish) before going into the water. This is supposed to help the scum not stick to the boat hull. <br /><br />Guess it won't hurt to try it along with some of the suggestions above.