Scientific evidence for decarb

ziemann

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Scientific evidence for decarb

At risk of a hijacking of my own....

I agree with you 100%. In a situation like that where you have such severe ring sticking, it is worth at least a shot to try a treatment of Seafoam. Most likely you would have to do several repeated treatments, Just as in an outboard, you would see a ton of black goo...

Now at risk of an inappropriate hijacking-

http://www.klotzlube.com/storeProdDetails.asp?pi=27

In your paragraph you summarize by stating:

"GUESS WHAT! I threw out my KLOTZ oil and will go buy regular chain saw oil for future use. So much for my confidence in synthetic oil."

The closing/ summary of your paragraph provided a tone as if you were trying to turn this into another of those synthetic bashing threads. If that was not your intent, my apologies are in order for accusing you of hijacking the thread.

The primary market niche for Klotz is its clean burn. Especially where tiny amounts of carbon effect APV function (automatic power valves) in racing 2 stroke engines, this oil is probably one of the best in its clean burn. I would suspect that the cause of your original problem did not stem from the Klotz, but from an obviously incomplete burn secondary to either an overly rich carb jet setting or an excessively rich fuel/oil mix.

Where I am definately wrong is that the Klotz tech sheet shows that this oil can be used in TC-2 applications. Again, my apolgies if a hijacking was not your intent.

gss036

Commander

I have alway been a strong supporter of synthetic oil and have used it in my 2 stroke M/Cs for years and had good results. Had never tried it in a saw and since I sold all my M/C's and a qt of the oil was sitting on the shop shelf I decided to use it.
I sent Klotz an E-Mail explaining what I did and ask for thier comments.
I also have some OPTI synthetic 2 stroke oil, but now I am afraid to use it.
I have used SeaFoam in my 1989 200 hp Merc for years and also in my vehicles by sucking a can down the power brake vaccum line and letting it sit for a few hours. You did not want to be behind me going down the road for the 1st mile or so.

LubeDude

Admiral

For those that insist on using Naptha, you should understand that SeaFoam includes a lubricant which Naptha does not. Spraying that through the engine washes the cylinders.

If you are referring to my comment, you didn`t read my post well enough before posting. Reread the last sentence.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

My Merc service manual says my engine can run on "TCWII or TCW-3 oil" at 50:1 ratio (25 break in).

I used to use OB oil for other types of 2 cy air cooled engines but have learned that the requirements are different so I use the appropriate oil.

Have never had anything but excellent results with syn oil in any application including trannys and rear ends on trucks.

Mark

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Just looking for independant lab report? Valid question. Wonder if you could convince Consumer Reports or NMMA to do it?

I was having a problem with acid reflux & my doctor recommended the purple pill, but my co-pay for formulary medications is too high, so I decided to give seafoam a try........................

Bill Adkins

Seaman

Dont know too much about Sea Foam or any other 2 cycle specific checmicals
for carbon removal but I have had a lot of experiance with the effects of carbon buildup in automotive engines. I ran a dyno fot 11 yrs for a specific manufacture during a time that rough idles were a prominant problem. As one of my tools I had an articulated bore scope that could take pictures of before and after results, the outcome was that Chevron Techroline was a very effective carbon removal tool that did resolve carbon related running concerns. I have since used Chevron fuels that include Techron additive in all of my personal vehicles.
Bill

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Wow...seafoam for acid reflux? How'd that go? Bet it cleaned you out otherwise.