Scam or not? (OBJ?)

TexomaAv8r

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Scam or not? (OBJ?)

I once had an old car listed on line for sale. I was hoping to get about $600 for. I could not believe the emails I got wanting to send me $5000 and pay to have it shipped oversease, claiming my old car was exactly what they were looking for etc... crazy stuff, obviously a scam of some sort and if it were true I would be too worried about their safety and mental health in a motor vehicle to make the sale.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM <br /><br />Please don't get taken. Did I mention SCAM?

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

What struck me as SCAM is the paragraph about payment. The rest of the correspndence sounds pretty good to be authentic broken English. But "wanna" is lazy slang. Most people foreign to our language don't use slang. And contractions (it's instead of 'it is', in the first paragraph) are not typical either. Especially in a "business" correspondence. Someone to whom English is not a native laguage will typically try to impress us with proper use of proper English. I mean they try to be as accurate and correct as possible. Therefore slang would not be a part of this man's speach, or in this case email. Best to leave the Phishing to someone else. Let someone else get sucker(ed) :)