Say one for all of them.

Skinnywater

Commander
My best friends son survived Fahlusha purge last month, without injury.<br />He's with the <br />1st US Marines Expiditionary Force, 1st Battalion, 3rd Regiment, Bravo Company.<br /><br />I was with this 9 year old boy on a hunting trip back in '91 when he screamed for me to help him after he accidently disturbed a hornets nest.<br />Keith and I got stung up pretty good. Later in the day we were laughing and joking about it.<br /><br />We were not far from that same hornets nest back in '96 when he dropped his first Buck. It's rare to experience that with a boy. I treasure the memory.<br /><br />There's been many fishing and hunting storys since. He and his younger brother have always been tough, straight and a good boys. His younger brother rides and doctors cattle with me often.<br /><br />I talked to Keith on the phone 6 months or so ago. I had a deep pride in him and I had a strange feeling the many times he answered a question using the word "Sir" during our conversation. <br />It was like he was the one deserving the word instead.<br /><br />On many emotional conversations his dad and I've had over the months, we come to the same conclusion. He and I would instantly and gladly give the Marines a 2 for 1 exchange. The two of us for the one of him. <br />This is a sincere offer. <br /><br />Sometimes my eyeballs need a good flushing.<br />They are cleaned pretty often these days.<br /><br /> http://home.insightbb.com/~armedforcestribute/ <br /><br />Say one for all of them.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: Say one for all of them.

Heel Click.<br />Snap to attention.<br /><br />Salute.<br /><br />to all who have done, and will continue to do their part.

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sign me up! Whats lost in reporting his war is the quality mem serving and the supply of quality men this nation will have to raise the next generation.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

We have a new Great Generation to thank and to look on with pride.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

My part-time neighbor was down yesterday. He's a 20+ year veteran of the Houston PD. He said that another officer got word of the death of his son in Iraq this week. That makes 3 sons from the HPD.<br /><br />God bless them all and their families.

Skinnywater

Commander

Update!! <br /><br />I spent last night camping at the local lake. The fishing was pretty good with the big moon.<br />Cell phone coverage is pretty spotty and early this morning I had a couple of messages from Keith's Dad to call him.<br />I knew Keith was due home from Iraq anytime now so I called back quickly.<br />Keith actually was back in town at home. <br /> "GOODJOB! KICKED MULE AND MADE IT HOME WALKIN' TALL!", were my first words.<br /><br />I asked if he'd like to catch some Bass tonite since the lake and moon are high. <br />"Yes sir, I'd love to."<br /><br />Well, I packed up camp early to rest up for a quick turn around this evening.<br />I'm feeling dang proud to have him aboard.<br />I'm puttin' him up front with my favorite rod.<br />Gonna bring the "good stuff"(Crown Royal).<br />Winds are expected to be calm, Moon in last phase, low temps in the mid 60's.<br /> ;)

bubbakat

Captain

It won't matter if you don't catch a single fish.<br />The best catch is already on board. Tell him welcome home fro me and I know where he has been and where he is going.<br />I just hope all the news is this good.<br />Thanks