Sausage bread - take 1

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Well, I finally did it and I didn't burn the house down!! :D <br /><br />Took it out of the oven at @ 1:50am this morning.. when I finally ate dinner.. yea, I've been a little busy here.<br /><br />Anywho .. took a few pictures so you all could see how it turned out..<br /><br />Obviously, I didn't do the circle thing ... <br /><br />
1ew2oo
1ew2uw
<br /><br /><br />
1ew5yv
1ew5f8
1ew5k7

ndemge

Commander
Re: Sausage bread - take 1

I missed something.......<br /><br />that looks yummy, explain yourself!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

1ew654
1ew7k8
1ew7qw
1ew7wp
<br /><br /><br />I'll add what I used in a bit

KaGee

Admiral

Barlow.... You forgot to add the "BAM"!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by ndemge:<br /> I missed something.......<br /><br />that looks yummy, explain yourself!
This is FSHKPR's sausage bread that I got turned on to by Link, DJ and LadyFish.<br /><br />My first shot at making anything bread-like and I said I'd post back with results after the house burnt down :D <br /><br />well I didn't burn it down and ...It is GREAT!!!!! :)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Barlow.... You forgot to add the "BAM"!
oops! ... thanks for reminding me KaGee..<br /><br /><br /> ! BAM ! <br /><br />there we go! :D :D

LadyFish

Admiral

WOW CHEF TELL!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: <br /><br />Barlow, I am very proud of you. I can assure you my kitchen looks a whole lot messier when I finish making mine.<br /><br />Granite countertop is nice when rolling out dough.<br /><br />VERY nice job! :)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I used Smoked Gouda cheese in place of the Motz... It's a lite hint of smoke flavor and turned out great!<br /><br />used mushrooms and onions sautee'd in a bit of the sausage grease and a bit of butter then added a few dashes of soy sauce and Franks Red Hot pepper sauce to give it a little something extra .. <br /><br />I've been real busy but I finally got to it last night after making time for it. actually had dough risen once the night before but couldn't go any further so i kneaded it back down and threw it in the fridge until last night when i started over.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

[self edited]<br /><br />
Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> WOW CHEF TELL!!!!! <br /><br />Barlow, I am very proud of you. I can assure you my kitchen looks a whole lot messier when I finish making mine.<br /><br />Granite countertop is nice when rolling out dough.<br /><br />VERY nice job! :)
Ladyfish .. thanks a bunch for helping explain things and answer questions I had.. It was a trip!! .. <br /><br />I swore a few streaks of lightning here and there but I stepped lightly when I had to. :D :D <br /><br />I refered back to Links thread several times where we discussed it and the advice you guys gave me did the trick! It turned out great!! <br /><br />thanks again!<br /><br />
Granite countertop is nice when rolling out dough.<br />
Its actually Corian if I remember right. Granite was too much for this place at the time I built it but, it works perty good :) <br /><br />(there's that damn cook top I swear at all the time too that we had all talked about on the board here a while back :mad: )<br /><br />More 'hot' spices next time tho .. I like a good KICK as ya'll mentioned :D :D

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Those pics got my salivary glands working Barlow.<br />Hey LF.............

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

thanx Mr.LF <br /><br />I actually just reheated the other half that was left over from last night.<br /><br />Great stuff!! pulled out another frozen chunk of bread dough for tomarrow too.<br /><br />If you and LF plan to make it this weekend.. make a run to the store and pick up some smoked Gouda cheese.. I'd bet any smoked cheese would do tho .. very tasty.<br /><br />You've got a good one there! how long did it take to train her? :D :p

D

DJ

Oh man that looks good! I haven't had a chance to try it yet but now I can't wait.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

thnx DJ .. Its well worth the effort! <br /><br />reasons I took pics of the whole thing was:<br /><br /> first- to show how it turned out, obviously but, if there are others out there that are skeptical of how things sound and taste w/o seeing what it is I thought this could help.<br /><br />second- Its a great meal by itself or add a bowl of soup along side it.. you can't go wrong.<br /><br />Give it try - you won't regret it! I'm guessing as Link said in his thread that the second time was easier.. Has to be true because I've never cooked anything with any dough stuff before and my confidence wasn't the greatest.<br /><br />I'm making another one tomarrow with chopped Pheasant hams, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and a bit of Sage sausage. Thinking of tossing in some diced apple into the sautee too but I'll see.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

BTW - I forgot to mention that after I brushed the egg wash on I sprinkled dehydrated onion, and very little amounts of ea. basil and garlic salt on the top.<br /><br />mmmmmm

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by Barlow:<br /> thanx Mr.LF <br /><br />If you and LF plan to make it this weekend.. make a run to the store and pick up some smoked Gouda cheese.. I'd bet any smoked cheese would do tho .. very tasty.<br /><br />You've got a good one there! how long did it take to train her? :D :p
He's still trying to 'train' me Barlow. :D <br /><br />I will definetly try the Gouda it sounds goud. :p I will be interested to hear how it comes out with the pheasant.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

:D :D <br /><br />I'll let ya'll know how it turns out. thnx again

dsrchamp04

Petty Officer 3rd Class

my wife and mother in law have been making this stuff for a while. they have 2 versions...eggs and sausage and ham and cheese..and theyre both pretty good. and here i thought this was my mother in laws weird imagination going wild. :D

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

You've got a good one there! how long did it take to train her?
I learned a long time ago that there aint no training LF! Begging works pretty good but most of the time trickery & deceit are my best allies. Make her think something is her idea and it's a done deal. :D <br /><br />She is good to have on my side for things though.<br />For example car shopping. Don't want to derail your thread so I'll start another.

ndemge

Commander

What do you use for the dough? Could ready to make biscuits be flattened out and used?

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

hmmmm... ?? could try it and see. I'm not one to knock something w/o tryin' it noel .. so I couldn't say.<br /><br />I used the frozen bread dough from the grociers.<br /><br />heck give it a shot .. ?? I have no idea though. <br /><br />Maybee LadyFish or someone else will jump in here and help out.