Sangstercraft boat manufacturer

Im looking to verify the year of my sangstercraft boat I just purchased and to find some info of the original manufacturer. Ive been told that the first 2 digits of the serial number are the year making mine a 1959 (591504).Anyone know for sure?Ive also read that the manufacture started out in Vancouver, BC. and was taken over by the familys soninlaw Mike H and moved to Vernon and is now run by his son Charlie in richmond under the name Malibu boats.Im looking for original pictures and info of these boats.Ive found a company that will send partial scans of brochures for $25 and thats it.Does anyone have any info on this company or a website?

Attachments

• coolest boat ever.jpg
    coolest boat ever.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 0

RyanSS

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Sangstercraft boat manufacturer

interesting name. I wonder if I'm related to the founders?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the 2 digits does not apply for your boat, that is a serial # not a HIN. the official HIN, and registration, did not apply until 1972, which the last 2 numbers were the year.

very interesting find, looks like it had a windshield on top of the cuddy at one time.

Thanks now I have to find a website that translates the SIN to HIN to find the year.Your 100% correct I have a pic of this boat that had a lexan or plexiglass windsheild ontop of the hardtop and a campertop coming off that. There is an original hole in the console where the steering wheel used to be.Must have been a 7 foot dude driving this boat.Thanks again!