Same old problems fueling

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
131
It's just impossible to fuel my boat at the dock cause of the back pressure . The vent line is ok. The problem is with the orientation of the inlet that's situated at the begenning of the gas tank . I can't find the right position .

Last year I tried blowing air in it with a straw. It worked a little...

Falty design , the dealer is not to blame.
 

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
14,398
Re: Same old problems fueling

Is there no way to add another vent ???
 

Snobike Mike

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Sep 30, 2009
Messages
363
Re: Same old problems fueling

Is your boat a 200 or a 210?

Mine is a 210 and while the inlet is a little awkward I find it works fine. Every once in a while I get some back splash but I just let off on the fuel hose, let it settle down and then get back at it.
 

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
14,398
Re: Same old problems fueling

Mine fills no problem but it is just a baby with an "in floor" tank.
 

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
131
Re: Same old problems fueling

Is your boat a 200 or a 210?

Mine is a 210 and while the inlet is a little awkward I find it works fine. Every once in a while I get some back splash but I just let off on the fuel hose, let it settle down and then get back at it.

I have the 200 , they all seem to have the same problem. The 2 first years where fine but the last 2 were horrible at fueling . The inlet seems to loosen and rotates inward kinda . Bad design . The trick is to find the best orientation for the pressure to be released .
 

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
131
Re: Same old problems fueling

Blowing in the inlet with the use of a straw releases the back pressure wich helps fueling . Just be ready to get your face clear of that pressure when it comes out....AND NO SMOKING WHILE FUELING !!
 
Top