Sails vs power

ethelwright

Seaman Apprentice
I have a question to ask as I am new to boating . I was told that at most marinas the power boats and sailboats are kept on separate docks and separate areas . I was told that the sailboaters do not like the powerboaters and vice versa . One gewntleman told me that a sailboater on our dock complained and asked to be moved from our dock as he doesn't like to be with power boaters . I myself am friendly to everyone and I treat others with courtesy and respect . Can someone shed light on why this seams to be ?

NathanY

Commander
Re: Sails vs power

Sail boats are for wussies and power boats are for men :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Stupid biases, Ethel.<br /><br />Each group thinks the other messes up good boating.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

See what I mean?<br /><br />Now PWCs, they REALLY mess up boating for the rest of us. :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

It's a rivalry only from outward appearances. For the most part, both are cordial and polite to each other. Mostly for fun, and in jest, they "rag" on each other. Esspecially if they are friends or are acquaintances.<br />We call them sailboaters "Wind bags", "puffers", "gunwale riders" ect.<br />They call us "Stinkpotters", "slick rangers", "Snail-trailers" ect. No harm done.

ehenry

Commander

What JB said about PWC's....I've got friend with sails, friend with power boats and friend with both......We all agree on one thing....PWC's suck ! ! !