Saddest day of the year.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Next Saturday the dock is scheduled to be pulled. Boats will be put away, water toys too. Going to enjoy pontoon rides while I can, my son is coming up to watch the Packers with his Pops and go for one last ski of the season if it will be in a cold rain.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Next Saturday the dock is scheduled to be pulled. Boats will be put away, water toys too. Going to enjoy pontoon rides while I can, my son is coming up to watch the Packers with his Pops and go for one last ski of the season if it will be in a cold rain.
I always hate this because the Fall is usually the time to just enjoy the water and look at the foilage.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Bought a jug of Startron to add to the gas probably take the pontoon out for one last cruise and one last rip with the go fast boat before they get loaded on the trailers.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Can always take you out on the salt shaker when you and the family are down in Florida

airshot

Rear Admiral
You must be further north than we are, I usually hang out until Nov, then based on weather reports make the call to call it a season. I know just thinking about the season comming to an end is very dissapointing....

DeepCMark58A

Commander
You must be further north than we are, I usually hang out until Nov, then based on weather reports make the call to call it a season. I know just thinking about the season comming to an end is very dissapointing....

It is more based on when the dock crew is coming thru the area when it comes out. I have a complex dock with stairs going down to the dock so much easier to pay. I am probably going to tie my pontoon to the neighbors for a week or so weather is supposed to be nice.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Can always take you out on the salt shaker when you and the family are down in Florida

Kinda sucks Scott since we moved my wife works in a different school district she gets zero vacation days so we don't get down as much. I will be headed down in October we are releasing my moms ashes to the Gulf of Mexico where the manatee meets the gulf at the end of Emmerson Point.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Spring is the only Season I like, as it means Winter is over. Summer gets too hot and humid, Autumn means Winter is coming, and I HATE Winter. Actually where I am there is really only Winter and Summer, Spring and Autumn are about 3 weeks long.

FLATHEAD

Captain
Spring is the only Season I like, as it means Winter is over. Summer gets too hot and humid, Autumn means Winter is coming, and I HATE Winter. Actually where I am there is really only Winter and Summer, Spring and Autumn are about 3 weeks long.
I love Autumn, we usually get some spectacular weather and the trees are fantastic when the leaves change. Agree about winter. Come about January I’m completely sick of it.
As far as putting the boats up. One comes home end of October the other I trailer back and forth and I’ll run the boat and fish into December if it’s not too bitter cold or a bunch of snow. Gets a little dicey solo when they pull the docks

aspeck

Staff member
As long as there is ice I can break, I am on the water to hunt or fish. Usually through the middle to end of January. Some years we only have a few weeks that the launches are frozen in solid ...

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Ice usually 4 to 5 feet Thick on the Lakes here, thicker if there isn't much Snow on em.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Went to a tavern after I picked my wife up at work, played the meat raffle my wife won the cherished first drawing. I selected a 24 pack of boneless pork chops. I plan on grilling them up for the dock crew, I won't feel so guilty about having a beer while I watch them work if I am grilling for them.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Agree. Although, I love summer too in my neck of the woods. Pretty far north...

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Tomorrow is my last day. Was out this morning and it was beautiful, no wind and a slight swell, fish were plentiful but a little small.

62Scout

Petty Officer 3rd Class
There's a few things I miss about living in Michigan....this winter nonsense is absolutely NOT one of them, lol. The summer heat of Phoenix may be brutal for a few weeks, but with a bimini, I can still be on the water 365 days a year.

Then again, the lakes out here are dismal compared to being on the Great Lakes...but still not worth dealing with 4-6 months of frozen hell, lol.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Phoenix is pretty Dry which makes the Heat a bit more Tolerable. where I am it its 100% Humidity almost every night in the Summer. Might be because all the Storm Ponds are never Drained. Well over 150 of them in the City

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yeah, I hate winter too, although they are not as bad as they used to be around here. Noticably milder these last ten years or so. I know global warming is bad for a lot of people but I haven't seen a downside yet here in my corner of the world!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
All this winter talk is making me cold....

Heading to the beach for 8 days next weekend. Come back and get the boat ready to go back in the slip for 6 weeks for the fall Striper season.

guy48065

Chief Petty Officer
I'm in northern Michigan. Took the pontoon out for one last lap of the lake. Wearing pants & a sweatshirt...yuck!
Now there's a big hole on the lake where my boat was.