Saddam's rights violated

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade
It looks like you Americans could be in trouble again...according to this story on Newsweek, Saddam's rights are being violated while in prison! His family is distressed that they have only received one letter from him! Still...the fact that he's writing home to his family saying that he's in high spirits might help in your defence....<br /><br /> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5270914/site/newsweek/ <br /><br />BTW Newsweek seem to be giving that story much more coverage than than the latest brutal murder (beheading on video) of yet another innocent civilian by the other side. <br /><br /> :confused:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Saddam's rights violated

62_Kiwi, he is lucky he has any fingers to write with.<br /><br />His rights are being violated. Well that's just too bad.<br /><br />I could think of other things besides his rights that could get violated.

crab bait

Captain

well look at MANNY NOREIGA.. once we put 'em in power an take 'em out.. they never see the light-o-day again.. <br /><br />why is dat..??... o'well.. anyway,, his cell gotta be better then a 'spider-hole',anyday... <br /><br />i wonder if BUSH ever visted him in prison an poked him with a stick..??

buckeye_sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Kiwi, I doubt the thousands of people that have been either harmed or killed as a result of Saddam and his regime over the past years would really care.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

This is only a news story because the magazine wants to sell magazines. Otherwise, it doesnt even deserve to be a story. Yahoo news carried it in the "Oddly Enough" section.<br /><br />Ken

Ralph 123

Captain

ROFLMAO on Crab bait - I can see GW poking him through the bars of a cell!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

BTW Newsweek seem to be giving that story much more coverage than than the latest brutal murder (beheading on video) of yet another innocent civilian by the other side.<br /><br />Nope, no liberal bias here!!!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Oh come on people! Don't you recognize a troll when you see it?<br /><br />I'm refering of course to the Newsweek article, not Kiwi's post!<br /><br />Hey, magazines can troll, too.<br /><br /> ;)

SCO

Lieutenant

I wonder if he'll get the shredder? Actually, I wouldnt wish that on anyone...but the comparison is stark...makes you wonder about the sympathy he is attracting.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

His rights are being violated? I am surprised that he is still breathing. I still say that had the soldiers known who they had in that hole, they would have went ahead and dropped the grenade in. In fact I suspect they would have then accidently kicked an entire crate of them in there.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

eventually, he'll be turned over to new Iraqi <br />govt. and tried on war crimes. wonder how he'll<br />be treated by his own people?

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hmmm...what rights would those be? I wasn't aware that murderous brutal dictators had those....<br /><br /><br />pointer...thanks for saying what I was thinking.

KennyKenCan

Commander

WHO CARES!<br /><br />I don't!<br /><br />Hope he rot's in the jail cell!<br /><br />I DON'T CARE !

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Saddams rights violated... So?...<br /><br />Thanks for the mental picture Crabby... :D

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Crab - that's a funny thought :D :D <br /><br />I did read somewhere that GW has Saddam's revolver on display in his office. By all accounts it must have had plenty of use in earlier times...<br /><br />JTexas - I think you're right that it's a troll by Newsweek, but with all the political correctness around these days...you just never know. :rolleyes:

grant1973

Petty Officer 3rd Class

We let the new Iraqi Gov't decide Saddams fate. But whatever the decision is, we hold him and carry out the decision. I would not be surprised that if he is in Iraqi hands that after a few years of Jail time...he would be free and a celebrity of sorts in Iraq. <br /><br /><br />"he was tring to escape....We had to shoot"

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> Oh come on people! Don't you recognize a troll when you see it?<br /><br />I'm refering of course to the Newsweek article, not Kiwi's post!<br /><br />Hey, magazines can troll, too.<br /><br /> ;)
Yup. lol So can book writers and movie "directors".

crab bait

Captain

he ain't seen violation until they give him big ole black bubba as a cellmate...