Saddam (Whats Up With Him?)

NYMINUTE

Captain
Anybody have a clue what the status of this POS is? All the fanfare, now nothing. We get more info on celebrities than this buttwipe. :mad:

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Saddam (Whats Up With Him?)

Yeah, I was going to ask that too. Anybody know what's been going on with him since capture? Still living like a king with 3 squares, his own (free) doctors and cable TV I'd imagine as sad as that is......wish they'd just left him where he was and stood guard over his scummy little hole he was hiding in. Throw em a rat now and again just to keep him alive.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I got this gut feeling that saddam will be a free man when it's all said and done... Prolly become president of Iraq again...<br /><br />Yer right, Kenny... Shoulda shot him...!

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Snapperbait, it worrys me he has some many $$$ stashed away, if the US leave I wouldnt be surprised if he returned. If hes not dead that is!

bubbakat

Captain

They are going to have a tell all on fox news christmas eve night 8 pm e/t about the well being of saddam featuring non other then Baghdad bob. :D :D :D

spratt

Lieutenant

As usually happens with these "dignitaries" they get an offer from some liberal rebellious country to take them in and give them safe haven...hmmm, wonder if France or Canada would take him? They are recruiting depressed Kerry folks in Canada...no reflection on the good Canadian folks on iBoats!!!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

He is currently being held in an undisclosed maximum security facility, the likes of which no doubt, make Hanibal Lecter's accomidations look like a resort.<br />He will be held there unitl such time as the Iraqi governemt fully in-place, and is stable enough to try him in THIER court system, (once they have one, and if he lives that long).<br />I can bet he is not being pampered, but pumped daily for intel.

bubbakat

Captain

Yes 12er he is being pumped everyday like you say (from what little I can scrape up) but he still remains very uncooperative and very arrogant.

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

its a messed up world when that ******* is free again!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Actually, his lawyers were trying to get his name on the ballot for the upcoming election.

Homerr

Commander

LOL Roscoe! :) <br /><br />Isn't Hiraldo trying to work up an interview with him?<br /><br />H.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I think I saw him in Vegas with Elvis! :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Homerr, I'm serious. Saw it on the news a few months ago.<br />They claim he has every right to run, as he is an Iraci citizen, and not convicted of any crimes.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I agree they should have left him in that hole. However put a big sign at the opening "PUBLIC LATREEN".

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

They talked about him on NPR on my ride home yesterday. Apparently he just sits in his cell, all clean shaven and well taken cared for. His only outside contacts are his lawyers and his interigators. I didn't realize he's an author and has written a few books. He spends his time writing his new novel.....isn't that nice....

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class

Actually, his lawyers were trying to get his name on the ballot for the upcoming election.<br /><br />What is even more sad is, given half the chance, he would probably win a fairly contested election in Iraq by a large majority, making a mockery of the US's efforts to ensure freedom for all the Iraqi citizens. That would prove that u can only lead a horse to water.... <br /><br />What you have to realise about the whole Iraq afair is that you are dealing with largely uneducated peasants. People who'll believe that seeing that a*l*l*h*a is so great, it must be his will to have saddam in charge and his will must be obeyed.