sacrificial anode

rebeccakort

Recruit
I am on a journey at 67 yrs old. I bought an old 87 Ercoa Captain pontoon fixer upper to enjoy putt-putting on the water. My mechanic thinks if I am supposed to have a sacrificial anode he can't find it -and we're trying to figure out what to do. I've tried to find some kind of manual. Googled all kinds of stuff. If it's just supposed to be painted and no anode - to strip and repaint will be quite a challenge as the old paint most likely hazardous. Any restorers or old timers that can advise me if my Ercoa has a sacrificial anode somewhere that I can't find?

rebeccakort

Recruit
I am on a journey at 67 yrs old. I bought an old 87 Ercoa Captain pontoon fixer upper to enjoy putt-putting on the water. My mechanic thinks if I am supposed to have a sacrificial anode he can't find it -and we're trying to figure out what to do. I've tried to find some kind of manual. Googled all kinds of stuff. If it's just supposed to be painted and no anode - to strip and repaint will be quite a challenge as the old paint most likely hazardous. Any restorers or old timers that can advise me if my Ercoa has a sacrificial anode somewhere that I can't find?
if you build it- they will come :}

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the motor will have an anode on it. unless you add it yourself, the pontoon itself wont have one as they are generally intended to be fresh water only.