Rybovich

JAZZedBW

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Are these the kind of boats that are 3 times more expensive than a Viking or a Bertram? Popular? Does anyone know how to get them? I mean, are they like a Sea Ray?<br /><br />How much can I get one for? :D <br />I got a Whaler, Thats my Rybovich :cool: <br /><br />JAZZ ;)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: Rybovich

What I know is limited but my understanding is that they are a custom mfg boat built on a series of existing hulls. Just about as expensive as you can get without going to a full custom boat. (Burger, Palmer Johnson, etc)<br /><br />Outstanding boats for the hard core offshore fisherman with big cash. <br /><br />Because they are made one at a time to specific design requirements it's tough to price one out in terms of model or length.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

What I know is limited but my understanding is that they are a custom mfg boat built on a series of existing hulls. Just about as expensive as you can get without going to a full custom boat. (Burger, Palmer Johnson, etc)<br /><br />Outstanding boats for the hard core offshore fisherman with big cash. <br /><br />Because they are made one at a time to specific design requirements it's tough to price one out in terms of model or length.

BillP

Captain

Put it this way. If you have an unlimited pocket book and want unquestionable quality, performance and status, buy one. These are boats that the most experienced yachtsmen buy...ones who have already owned Bertrams, Viking, Hatteras, SeaRay, etc. A Burger owner would more likely have a Rybovich as his "smaller" sportfishing boat and the Burger as his "bigger" cruiser. By the way, Ralph Evinrude towed his 40ish' sportfishing boat like a dink behind his 110' steel cruiser while cruising in the Bahamas. That put a smile on everyone's face!<br /><br />If you don't have deep pockets then spend $500k on one of their 1950s/60s vintage 40' wood sportfishers. Last time I looked their waiting list to build was years.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Viking, boston whaler, searay, and Rybovich in the same paragraph?.. hahahahahah, snicker, snicker...... :p Thats like compairing skateboards to a rolls royce...<br /><br />Rybovich is building a series of boats right now that were co-designed by Rybovich and Jimmy Buffet... i think their calling them "margarita-vich" or something to that effect.. All kinds of crazy woods in the interior like Koa, ect.... $$,$$$,$$$.$$<br /><br />I work nextdoor to Ryco marine which is owend by the Rybovich family.. Rybovich is just down the road from there... Some days they have to mop up behind me when I walk down the dock cause the heavily varnished mahogony and teak decks just makes me drooooool all over the place... :D <br /><br />The new "Rybovich" brand is not run by the Rybovich family anymore.. <br /><br />Anywhooo.. Here's Ryco Marine site... "China girl" is my all time favorite, with "Fondana" (an older Rybovich) comming in a close second.. "Bull" (another old Rybovich) was in a slip at the yard last week..

mattttt25

Commander

everything said is pretty much true. simply the best of the best, as far as offshore sportfishers go. about a 2 year wait when you place the order for their new 60'.