RyanT's wit.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I was chatting with Ryan about the delivery of his boat and mentioned that my son was using my treasured ML to tow it to Boston.<br /><br />He asked what I was doing for transportation and I told him I was driving my son's Beemer.<br /><br />His response?<br /><br />"People over 45 are not allowed to drive BMWs."<br /><br />I got a good chuckle out of that. :D

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: RyanT's wit.

lol yep its a faux paus like convertible corvettes, miata's and harley's actually.

Link

Rear Admiral

Nice post JB<br />Me too thinks its a good time to be quiet! :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

aww heck guys .... step out on a limb and tell us what ya think hey! :p <br /><br />JB - drive it like ya stole it....lol :D

gaugeguy

Captain

I used to think the same thing when I was young (except it was corvettes), funny how your opinion changes when you are "middle aged". ;)

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Darn. I guess I better lose my 325es. Sure didn't know I was breaking some social code. I feel sooooo bad.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I had to sell my windsufer a few yeares ago. Image is everything, I guess (lol).

JB

Son's Beemer is a mid 90s 325i. Sexy looking and fast.<br /><br />Fun to drive once you fold up your creaky bones to get in. Great seats. Lots of comments out here in the stix. Mostly from young women.<br /><br />Getting out is a real chore.<br /><br />I like to sit up straight in a vehicle I can wear a hat in and see lots of road from. I like to get in and out without being reminded that 70 is just around the corner. I like good performance and handling. I like a firm, but not harsh, comfortable ride. I also like image.<br /><br />I'll take the ML any day.

cuzner

Problem is by the time you can afford you your too old to look cool in them.<br /><br /> Jim

JB

Son is only 38. He looks cool in it.<br /><br />I look cool in anything I drive. <br />I just don't look cool getting in and out. :D

BrianFD

Man, my eyes must be failing me as I grow old...<br />When I first saw this topic, I thought it said "Ryan's a Twit", posted by JB. I thought to myself, "Now why would JB, Ryan T's friend, be calling him a 'twit'?" LOL@myself

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by BrianFD:<br /> Man, my eyes must be failing me as I grow old...<br />When I first saw this topic, I thought it said "Ryan's a Twit", posted by JB. I thought to myself, "Now why would JB, Ryan T's friend, be calling him a 'twit'?" LOL@myself
No comment again. ;)

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

BMW? Does that stand for By way of walking? Just a poor guy from Minni. (What the H is an ML?)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by telmanmn:<br /> BMW? Does that stand for By way of walking? Just a poor guy from Minni. (What the H is an ML?)
The ML is a model of Mercedes Benz, as in ML 320, ML 55 AMG and ML 430.<br /><br />I don't think the ML model came out till 1998 when they came out with the ML 320.<br /><br />I'm sure JB will correct me if I'm wrong.