Running deep creep & seafoam in my mercury

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok. Thank you flyingscott, one more question if you don't mind. The quicksilver 2 stroke oil in walmart is that made by mercury? I didn't see Mercury'sname on the bottle..

Alumarine

Captain
Ok. Thank you flyingscott, one more question if you don't mind. The quicksilver 2 stroke oil in walmart is that made by mercury? I didn't see Mercury'sname on the bottle..

Quicksilver/Mercury/Mercruiser is the same company.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Actually not made by Mercury.
They do not produce their oils.
They contract to a large oil manufacturer to produce it to Mercury's formula.

And you can add Brunswick to that list, as they are the parent company. Not sure if they still sell products under that name though.

Quicksilver/Mercury/Mercruiser/Brunswick

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Basically while the motor is running 200-300 rpm above idle spray 1/2 to a whole can of it in the carbs.
Then shut it down and wait 15 to 30 minutes.
Then start it up and let it rev slightly till the heavy smoke stops.

..........Then replace the spark plugs.

Google "decarb" or go to the archives. I used Sea Foam in every tank from the day I learned of it on THIS site where the term decarb was probably coined. I never had a fuel related issue other than rubber age related which is not related to carbon or varnish. After 10 years of running, one day I did the carbs and no varnish, tiny black pieces of degraded hose, but no varnish, and the piston crowns were spotless....like you ran the engine with water injection.

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for the suggestion texasmark I've just gotten into boating and fishing last year and, bought a few boats. I wish I did have a friend that had some knowledge about outboards. I ran that mercury power tune through one of my motors and all k8nds of gunk came out into a bucket I had sitting under the prop.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for the suggestion texasmark I've just gotten into boating and fishing last year and, bought a few boats. I wish I did have a friend that had some knowledge about outboards. I ran that mercury power tune through one of my motors and all k8nds of gunk came out into a bucket I had sitting under the prop.

On the Decarb process, works great if you live in a mosquito infested area. It will smoke them (and your neighbors) out if you do it in your driveway. Grin

On mosquito spraying, I grew up on the Gulf Coast and in the summer the city used old WWII surplus jeeps with DDT sprayers on them. We used to ride our bicycles through the stuff and had a great time.

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I live on the coast of NC, I'm sure my neighbors loved all that smoke 😆😆😆