Rude people-RANT!!!

D

DJ

I just returned from running some errands.<br /><br />One of them was to stop by a glass shop that I have done business with and get an estimate on a new shower enclosure. The shop is a hole in the wall, but they do great work.<br /><br />While I was at the desk, getting an estimate, four people walked in the door and proceeded to engage the owner as if I wasn't even there.<br /><br />I left in disgust. As I was leaving, I heard the store owner (kind of a gruff fella) chewing out one of the people. At least I know the store owner will call me later.<br /><br />What happened to manners in this country?<br /><br />WAIT YOUR TURN PEOPLE. I DID!

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Rude people-RANT!!!

Maybe it was that "Invisible" cologne you wore??<br />About that time I may have reacted differently.<br />" Yo! fellas, you want to wait until I'm done?"<br />Bashful is never used in the same sentence with my name.

D

DJ

Bashful is never used in the same sentence with my name. <br /><br />I'm beginning to see that. :D :D <br /><br />I was always taught.<br /><br />1. Wait your turn.<br /><br />2. Don't engage strangers regarding their manners. Especially today.<br /><br />For employees.<br /><br />1. Never answer the phone or talk to a fellow employee, about a different topic, when there is a CUSTOMER standing in front of you. Consulting another employee, on the customers question, is a different matter.<br /><br />As far as the phone goes, the customer that bothered to walk in the door is the most important one.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have had to let more than one go because of that.<br /><br />A customer calls on the telephone and the guy puts them on hold while he finishes up with his girlfriend, nope, sorry, hit the road.<br /><br />But people nowadays, don't give 2 hoots in a hen house about manners.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Sad to say DJ that kind of thing is becoming more and more common, and even more frightening is that rudeness is becoming more and more accepted!!<br /><br />My pop taught me my manners and if I did not mind them he reminded me in an unkind way. My kids were taught by my wife and I to be polite and be respectful right from the start. It paid off.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Manners...gone with the wind.<br /><br />I suggest you try living in a 3rd world country where there is no such thing as manners. They arent taught them as part of their culture, so you cant really blame them.<br /><br />Wait in line...whats that mean, I thought you are just supposed to mob the guy and he points to the one who hollars the most.<br /><br />Ken

D

DJ

Ken,<br /><br />That might be part of trhe problem. <br />We are overrun with third worlders, and many of them undocumented (illegal). Many have no intention of assimilating into this society.

Realgun

Commander

Sad to say DJ that kind of thing is becoming more and more common, and even more frightening is that rudeness is becoming more and more accepted!!<br />
Manners what are they? Parked to P/U my kid from scool not in the fire lane but behind it on the curb. A women pulls in to park in the FIRE LANE.<br />She then backs up almost blocking me in. A week before this a letter was sent home in ENGLISH and SPANISH one of the items specifically was not to park in the fire lane to P/U or drop off. I rolled down my window as she had as I had honked at here to 1. move or 2. Leave.<br />I told her please don't park in the fire lane. <br />Her only answer was WHERE IS MY BADGE. She kept repeating this. <br />I was wondering is there any legal recouse to this. Calling the cops is not a good option as they are busy.

spratt

Lieutenant

We have these sweet little old folks out here who patrol parking lots and places to make sure that noone parks illegally in teh Handicapped areas...maybe you could get badged and then show it to her next time!!!

spratt

Lieutenant

OR...just push her outta the way, and then tell her that next time she better have HER badge to legally park there...but that would be rude, huh? ;) :D :cool:

D

DJ

Realgun,<br /><br />A digital picture is worth a thousand words. If the auhorities can take pictures of motorists breaking the law and make it stick, so can I.<br /><br />Just getting out the camera usually straightens out most offenders. It works almost every time I see some low life pull into a handicap spot and I catch them.<br /><br />Make sure you get a pic. of the licence tag. ;)

Indymike

Petty Officer 1st Class

The ones that really set me free are the thugs and their booming car stereos. Talk about invasion of privacy!

spratt

Lieutenant

Well, since this thing is evolving into some creature it never was, I am gonna go ahead and agree with Indy and those bangin sounds...my neighbor told me the other night that he was getting some "beats" from a friend...got me worried about his health...I asked him about it and he explained that he was talkin about a stereo...yuk yuk yuk...

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Down here in the South we largely dismiss such rudeness as a result of ones northern upbringing. It is most pronounced while our winter visitors are here. It goes right along with hunting a cheap buffet for a once a day meal and hunting a hole to fall in so they can sue. God Bless America!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I hate to see people not speak when spoken to. It burns me up. I also hate to see people get up from there chair and not push it back in.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> I hate to see people not speak when spoken to. It burns me up.
In that case KB, use sign lanugage.<br />..!.. :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

When I am walking along and I say good evening or how are you to someone I expect a reply. If they don't I usually mutter a word or two that would get edited out saying it just loud enough for them to hear. I they were to say something about it I would just ask why didn't they hear it the first time.<br /><br />Spinner- I only know one type of sign laungauge, and they usually get it if they didn't reply the first time.

ndemge

Commander

I was just at walmart bout an hour ago....<br /><br />Had 2 things in my cart, park the cart at the end of a crowded isle to walk down and look around, leaving the cart around the cornor out of the way... 2 minutes later, Icome out, and my cart is GONE, the stuff that was IN the cart sitting on a pallet of stuff in the midway. knowing the perp was VERY close, I yell out, "who's got my friggin cart!" a very suspicious man with ONE heavy item in his cart totes away quickly. Not seeing him do it, I did nothing but walk back up front to get another basket. <br /><br />Bah Humbug you rude people!<br /><br />But to the guy that said "excuse me" when he backed into me in another isle, I thank you for remembering what manners are.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Yup! tis the season for giving....all a hard time<br /> :( and it seems to get worse each year :(

LubeDude

Admiral

A while back I was at the Home Depot in a relativly large line that was moving slowly, when a well dressed man walked right up to the front and barged in. He was met with a few heys, and his responce was that he was too busy to wait in line, and that he had things to do. Needless to say, he was met with about four of us that straightened him out very quickly. One of the guys even told him that if he didnt get to the back of the line, that he was going to have to change his closes before going on to where he was off to. Allthough, the people right around him were just going to let him in.