Rude people, (Dogs)

LubeDude

Admiral
Well, I just got back from a wedding in Scottsdale Arizona, and what a beautiful affair it was. I have to say it was the nicest wedding I have ever attended and went off without a hitch.<br /><br />Now the bad news. <br /><br />First, after calling and making reservations, and the person telling my wife that she could have a certain room and everything was fine,(booked two months ahead of time) when we got there there was no record of any reservation, Well, we did get a room, but not the one we were suppose to get. Well, after we went to bed, we kept hearing dogs barking, come to find out that there was a dog show in town and a bunch of the dog people were at our motel. Found this out the next day. There were severl things going on around town that weekend so there were no other places to go so we had to stay. I had quite a discusion with the motel manager about the dogs barking though. I told him if it were my kids raising H E L L He would kick me out, so why dont he make the ones with barking dogs leave?<br /><br />Well, all in all, things went ok, when you are exhausted you can sleep through about anything.<br /><br />Went to Payson, the Sedona valley and the Grand Canyon on Sunday, and if you ever get a chance to see it, its definatly worth the drive. Quite Awe inspiring.<br /><br />Home safe and sound, caught up on some sleep, but have a cold now, So much for "RELAXING" vacations.

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Rude people, (Dogs)

what gets me going is people who think it's ok for them to let their cats out at night.i get wokeup to the screams of cat fights and the next day the yard stinks of cat urine.i tell the owners and all i get is 'but they're cats!'so? lock 'em up nights,or i'll start shootin'

sangerwaker

Commander

Glad you had a good time LD. Bummer about the dogs. Good thing it was a wedding so you wer good and sleepy at the end of the day!<br /><br />I too hope to get to the Grand Canyon someday. I've made it as far west as Grand Junction, CO. Some beautiful country out there. Can't wait to see more of it!

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i'm not in your neck o' the woods LD

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by B20:<br /> what gets me going is people who think it's ok for them to let their cats out at night.i get wokeup to the screams of cat fights and the next day the yard stinks of cat urine.i tell the owners and all i get is 'but they're cats!'so? lock 'em up nights,or i'll start shootin'
HMMMMMMMMMM, there have been a few cats missing around our neighborhood this year, I wonder :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

oddjob

Commander

Well, about cats..I like them...dont have one now. It was a female and an indoor cat at that time. Lived in a first floor apartment once and a big tom would come around about the same time every morning and spray the sliding glass door. I ran him off as often as I could but he kept coming back. So I pondered....why is he doing this?......to mark his scent and warn the others off the competition. Since MY cat was the prize, and she belonged to my family...I figured I was the dominant male...the A-cat alfa-male....<br /><br />So my plans were made.......I got a quart mason jar....filled it up with a couple of trips to the B-room and waited and watched TV until I saw him. Instead of beating the glass as I had in the past I walked out the side door and snuck up on him within target range and let him have the ultimate in marking of the territory so to speak. I mean he was drenched! He ran out of site and never, ever, came near my window again. <br /><br />Wife thought I lost my mind...but she liked the results.

ehenry

Commander

Most pet owners dont thing their pets are a nusiance to other people. I'm a pet owner I know this to be true. I lock my dog up in our garage everynight so she won't wake anyone up should she start barking. I just wish my neighbors would do the same thing. Even after I call them at all hours of the a.m., wake them up to tell them that their animal is raising hell. They still do nothing. These are good folks, I've known them since we were all in high school. But they sure dont have consideration for those that live around them.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by B20:<br /> i'm not in your neck o' the woods LD
No, but I am and I have been known to pull a trigger or two.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Wow LD, I have only got to see the Grand Canyon from a P-3 Orion. I just hope to see it at ground level some day. Glad your trip was okay except for the pooch's. Too bad didn't know about them in advance, I would have collected a bunch of fleas for you to release at the motel.<br /><br />On cats, why do people take them in and call the paper and radio to report they found a cat. Don't they know the cat is just cruising its territory? And of course the cat is smart enough to find someone who will feed it. That is the worst thing you can do if you don't like em hangin around your house. DUH?<br /><br />Last spring I finally was getting some wild rabbits in the woods behind my house. Lately cats have been stalking the brush piles killing the rabbits. If they would eat what they kill, it wouldn't be so bad, but they kill them for the fun of it. THat is about the only reason I dislike cats so much. I feel if I have to keep my dog restrained, so should cat owners. Both species naturally want to roam their territory, so why should one be allowed and not the other?<br /><br />UH, by any chance did you have to wear a tux? I promise I won't laugh....... :D