Rubber Frog????

scipper77

Commander
Re: Rubber Frog????

Us Texas boys like the frogs too! The Scum frogs are my favorite! I have the SPro frogs and the Yum frogs too, but the Scum seem to work best for me... all a preference... just make sure to wait 2 seconds before you set the hook! Have a ball and hang on!

+1 on that. Scum frog will draw more hits than anything I have used in the muck/weeds. If there is open areas I use a rebel popper however as it just can't be beat. If only the rebel was weedless.

cwilt

Petty Officer 1st Class

let the fish tell you what they want, i have had fish try to knock frogs off of a pad, jump on land and try to eat it there! NO BS! when the frog bite is on, it's on. just wait a second or so before you set the hook.this gives the fish time to get the frog in it's mouth, since most frog hits are a reaction strike. i use 50 lb test (braid)(sufix) and crank the drag down. i fish local tourneys so i don't play fish. i just wench them in the boat.

sprintst

Commander

I used to cast to the opposite shore of a river and pull the lure off land into the water. Bike pike hammered and tore up that lure. It's missing legs now.