robalo 2660 leaning

kahuna

Seaman
My 1989 Robalo 2660 leans to the port, while running and standing still at the dock. Had the boat surveyed before I bought it and the surveyor said there was no delamination in the hull and there was no moisture content. The water tank, stove, head, and sink are on the starboard as well as the helm (obviously). Gas tank is in the center. I don't have trim tabs but they wouldn't keep the boat straight while docked anyway. Anyone know why she's leaning?

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: robalo 2660 leaning

kahuna - Anything that floats will come to rest according to the distribution of the weight. So that means that for whatever reason you are heavier on the port side. I would suspect trapped water somewhere (maybe water saturated flotation foam below decks) and would contact the surveyor. If that is it and it is bad you may have a heck of a time getting it out. You can balance it out by putting more weight on the starboard until it is level.<br /><br />Have you looked in every access panel?

kahuna

Seaman

SoLittle: I have not looked under every access panel, But will. The boat sat in dry dock for over a year and as soon as it hit the water it leaned port. Would the moisture stay in for over a year? How would the water get in there? How do I get it out? Thanks for the help.

kahuna

Seaman

SoLittle:<br /><br />Thanks again for the reply. Got an answer from a guy known as Mr. Robalo (Sammy Joe). He was with the company form the start and knows every detail about Robalos including my 2660. He said that because all the galley equipment, cockpit, holding tanks, gas tank etc., are on the starboard, to even it out and counter a starboard list, the company added 300lbs. of lead in the glass to the port side. He told me to fill all the tanks and it will even up. Also said trim tabs will help while running with less than full tanks. Still going to check all the access panels since I have a leaking hose to the live well. Thanks Again :cool: