Road rage arrrr!!!!

11 footer

Lieutenant
I don't know if other parts of the country are as bad as where I live, but people on the roads here are major a-holes! I haven't had my licence long, and I had my worst "road rage" incident today.<br /><br />Ok, there is this fork intersection where the end of one pretty buzy street meets another, no light, just a stop sign, with two lanes at the stop sign, one for going left the other for going right. I'm taking a left, and their is a big van taking a right next to me, so I can't see the cars coming that well, I slowley pull out and see a red, new looking Tahoe coming towards me, I made the mistake of pulling out, I really should have waited for him to go by. Well, I pulled out in front it him, it wasn't really bad, but he had to hit the breaks, and he blew his horn at me. It wasn't like he just gave me a quick toot, this guy laid on the thing for a good five seconds, as he rode like two feet off my bumper. Now I'm starting to get anoyed, I speed up to try to get him off my ***, I maybe brought it up to 45-50 in a 30mph zone, well, the tahoe is still right on my bumper. I was on my way home, I have to take a few turns on backroads, and as I'm driving, I realize he's following me. Well, I wasn't going to let him follow me to my house, so I started turning down just ranbom streets, and he's still right behind me. At this point, I'm getting pissed, not scaired, MAD. I slam my breaks and pull over, he stops behind me and gets out of his truck, well, I jump out of my truck and we meet somewhere around my back bumper.<br /><br />This guy is maybe in his early 40's, dressed nice with a collor shirt, coming from some kind of a desk job, but he's built like a freaken tank! A lot bigger then me, I didn't realize it at the time, but if we ever got to fighting I might have been in big trouble, espechally if he got a hold of me. Well, this guy must have been having a bad day, his face is all red, just screaming at me for pulling out in front of him, then starts saying I was speeding, well, duh, he was chasing me! I didn't take it laying down, I was just as pissed as he was, we got in a big yelling and swearing match, which ended with him taking the first step back to his car.<br /><br />I pulled out in front of the guy, but was all that really necassary? This little incident has me thinking about throwing a club or somthing under my seat.<br /><br />Does this kinda stuff happend all over the country, or is it just a MA thing?

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Road rage arrrr!!!!

I have a piece of 500 mcm copper wire,Im guessing its the width of 1- 1 1/2" 20" long I have it within reach of my seat at all times.<br /><br /><br />Be aware,some items depending on the town/city cops could find the object illegal to own for the purpose of being a weapon.....Im sure some law enforcemnet on this board could help you out on that one.<br /><br /><br />Lots of crazies out there.

sangerwaker

Commander

Happens all over I think, Ryan. Some people just have very short fuses. <br /><br />Stopping and getting out of your truck was the worst thing you could have done IMHO. What if he was really psycho? You may not have lived to tell about it. Don't let YOUR temper help make rash decisions. Smart move not going home, though.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by heyttown:<br /> Lots of crazies out there.
Never met a crazy. But I have met lots of folks who said they were out there.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Next time just let it go. The guy is DEFINATELY not worth it. Don't let his temper get you in trouble. If somebody insists on following you, call 911 on your cell phone or drive to a police or fire station. It ain't worth it man.

11 footer

Lieutenant

I'm going to make some kind of club to keep under my seat. I assume I couldn't get in trouble for having something like that, and i don't plan on getting my truck searched anyway. I'm thinking a metal pipe, fulled with sand or concreet, with like a bike handgrip on one end with it tie to go around your wrist.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Usually if you try to run, they will give chase.<br /><br />Next time drive 5 mph and see what they do. They will usually just pass.<br /><br />If they get out of their car, just hit the gas.<br /><br />The best solution is to drive to a very populated area, police station, or fire station.<br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

So he had to slow down for ya, happens every day, the guys a nut job. But I advise against confronting people like that, in case they are armed. If he won't stop following you, drive to a police station, or call 911...no matter what he says you won't get in trouble.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Just remember, dont bring a bat to a gun fight.<br /><br />Ken

FLATHEAD

Captain

The bat will most likely get ya in trouble. If it gets that bad just use your cell phone and keep moving. Dont stop!! You never know what kind of kook is in the other car.

SoulWinner

Commander

Ryan,, keep a little suction cup handy. If this ever happens again, stick the suction cup on your forehead and ramble on about pressure washers. The guy will think your nuts and leave you alone.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I tell you what Ryan, the first mistake you did was lose your cool. Rational thought is required to maintain survival.<br /><br />If you come out of the door swinging, most likely a fight will ensue.<br /><br />Come out calm, and calmness will ensue.<br /><br />Having been driving in Houston the past 15 years, you learn to ignore the idiots as they really arent worth your time (or your life).<br /><br />Ken

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> Ryan,, keep a little suction cup handy. If this ever happens again, stick the suction cup on your forehead and ramble on about pressure washers. The guy will think your nuts and leave you alone.
Thats great... then strip naked and ask him if he wants to fight... noone wants to touch a naked man.. guarantee he'll jump in his car and leave :D :D :D

vipzach

Lieutenant

Ryan, there are alot of good suggestions here, especially the suction cup idea! :D I was told once, by someone smart. Don't take something into a fight unless you are prepared to eat it. In other words, it might get used on you. :eek:

oddjob

Commander

Let the air out of your ego dude...It aint worth it. I've had a few run ends. Came very close, felt like an idiot that I let someone cause me to lose it. Too many ifs, and too many witnesses, you will lose either way. I'll probably have a near miss on my way home...<br /><br />You need to pick your battles Ryan, and those traffic baTTLES can get out of hand quick. Just smile and wave..<br /><br />Wimperdink has some good defense technics also..lol

Twidget

Commander

A five cell flashlight is what the security company I worked for years ago recommended carrying. Its not a weapon. <br /><br />My Dad gave better advice for a situation like that when I was a teenager. Dont let your alligator mouth overload your chihuhua a$$. ;)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Chokin from what Soulwinner said.<br />Oh man.