Ritchie compass model 15

Skilletface

Recruit
I would like to rebuild the original Red compass on a 1961 Nauset. Ritchie no longer supports parts for this model. Does anyone know of a parts supplier or a way to make an after market fit into the original red housing?

Attachments

• 14CF0749-DFA9-4581-8EE4-E7F4040E4B6A.jpeg
    14CF0749-DFA9-4581-8EE4-E7F4040E4B6A.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 3

Terrapin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I would like to rebuild the original Red compass on a 1961 Nauset. Ritchie no longer supports parts for this model. Does anyone know of a parts supplier or a way to make an after market fit into the original red housing?
I used J Gordon & Company in Annapolis, Maryland. I also had an old Ritchie that lost it's fluid. There is an individual at J Gordon that has a few tricks to restore even if parts are not available. He flipped one of my gaskets over and reused it, refilled the globe and it's been full and air bubble free for at least 5 years now. Give them a call and try to talk to/get to the compass experts at J Gordon.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
What is wrong with it?

My Explorer series leaked all the fluid out over the winter several years back.

Shopped around and found a repair kit on the website below but decided to investigate my problem prior to ordering the kit.

Turned out to be just the orings. Saved some money and ordered the orings from a local supply house.

The tricky part is refilling the globe with oil.

Fill with oil. Put in freezer for a couple of hours then top off and put the plug in. Will have a full globe when warmed to room temp

Skilletface

Recruit
I used J Gordon & Company in Annapolis, Maryland. I also had an old Ritchie that lost it's fluid. There is an individual at J Gordon that has a few tricks to restore even if parts are not available. He flipped one of my gaskets over and reused it, refilled the globe and it's been full and air bubble free for at least 5 years now. Give them a call and try to talk to/get to the compass experts at J Gordon.
Looks like J Gordon may be a solution, Thanks again