Risky purchase? 89 Runner with no spark

a_gunslinger

Recruit
Not really looking for anothe rproject, but a fair price with trailer. But isnt this a knwon (expensive) issue with these older wave runners? To make matters worse, I dont know much about PWC, just dirt bikes ;^)

>>>>>>>It's a 89 wave runner that ran well at the start of last season but near the end of season it was getting hard to start and this year won't start at all, I tag it already thinking it would run and after I got tags and charge battery up would not start, and after last season I drag it over 200 miles away and it gave me issues with starting got me here today to sell it b/c I don't know much on working on these things but I can tell you it is not getting fire at the plugs so my guess would be coil was going out and it finally went but my guess so price it to sell at $325.00, the trailer alone is worth most of this price and just spent $48 on tags and put a new trailer jack on it last month as well so for that little money and to someone who knows how to work on these things thinking a few more buck and someone can be on the water........comes with 1 adult life jacket

duckiet55

Recruit
Re: Risky purchase? 89 Runner with no spark

I have same one, check safety tether in good, fuse on rt side in front of carb big square black box, check plug wire other end if connected, should have spark if all ok.

duckiet55

Recruit
Re: Risky purchase? 89 Runner with no spark

Where do you flush engine, I am a good mechanic, first ski, given to me last month with issues, and I have it running already, don't know how to flush.