Ripped off

saxis

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Ripped off

Auto shops are horrid. I will never go to one again unless they SHOW me the broken parts still attached to the vehicle and I can also see it with new parts. They just try to screw you out of any money they can. My 94 toyota truck was having electrical problems (alternator, and smoking while cranking). I paid $240 for a brand new alternator that was DOA from the factory. Paid to have the old one rebuilt. Took it to 3 of the best auto-electric shops in the county to figure out why it was smoking, none could figure it out. I popped open the hood, and there was a ground wire running between the exhaust manifold right over the top of the alternator. Turns out the ground wire was getting hot, touching the positive on the alternator, frying the ground wire, alternator and a few other wires in the harness. Replaced it all myself and never had another problem with it. I paid 3 shops close to $200 each and none found the wire hanging there plain as day all black and crispy... That's like having a blown tire and Les Schwabb not knowing where to start!

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Ripped off

Good stuff, bomar. I'd hate to have a beef with a fellow Ohioan, especially if it was my fault! I'm happy that everyone did some splainin,' I'm a big boy and can admit when I'm wrong. rogerwa, yes, I've been that irritated for a long time especially since I see their rollbacks go by on a daily basis and wondered who they're screwing this time. As everyone pointed out, I was wrong and I'm sorry I wasted space on it. Case closed. :D