Rinsing small motors

Joey One

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Why doesn't anybody make a fitting to permit rinsing of small OMC motors without pissers? I now use a deep bucket, ropes and boat hook when the motor is on my sailboat. But this is very tiring. I would sure like to learn of an easier way.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Re: Rinsing small motors

Have you ever tried a set of earmuffs???? It is designed for that very purpose.Charlie

Joey One

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Earmuffs don't work because later model OMC's have the water intake at the rear of the gearcase instead of the sides. Thanks anyway.

ehenry

Commander

What horse power and model motor do you have?

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Is there any way to cut the end of a garden hose and push it in there??Charlie

RobG

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What I've been using for my old Johnsons is a 55 gal blue plastic drum with the top cut off. Just back your boat up to the barrel and lower the motor in and rinse away! That way you don't soak your whole yard with water. The earmuffs definitely don't work well with those motors.

Joey One

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1992, Johnson 4 HP Deluxe. It's on a 23' Ranger<br />sailboat allways in the bay.

Joey One

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Somewhere, in these archives, somone mentioned a Temco device number for rinsing these small OMC's.<br />I'd like to find this number and maybe advertise for it. <br />It's necessary to lean over the transom to to attach<br />something.