Rino 120 GPS

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hello,<br />What does everyone think of the Rino 120 GPS units? Anyone own one? Like 'em? Don't like 'em? Would you reccomend something else?<br /><br />Thanks!

Wreck Rider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Rino 120 GPS

Don't know much about the Rino, though it looks like a good idea. I have the eTrex, very basic GPS only, and just love it for getting to dive locations and then back to a ramp you might have been at only once. We even marked the location of our stranded boat once when we had to bush-whack out, hitch a ride, take a ferry,... then came back under the moonlight to rescue the boat. That was an adventure. GPS is a great thing. Isn't VHF a better bet for boaters than FRS though? VHF has much wider range, is monitored by rescue services, and is widely used by commercial operators.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Rino 120 GPS

I agree, and I have a handheld VHF also, but unfortunatly, you can only get this with FRS built in. I think some people fishing use FRS, and I'll also be able to use it for other things like camping.<br /><br />Thanks for your input!<br /><br />Any others have comments?