Rinker with a list (leans to the left)

Mod49T

Recruit
I have a 2001 Rinker 192 captiva that leans to the left when taking off. It will continue to lean until I have trimmed the outdrive up. Even then it still leans a little. I have tried moving weight and people around in the boat. Even had everyone on the right side of the boat but it didn't help. The lean is more noticable when I have the boat fully loaded as compared to just a couple of people in the boat. I have also installed a stingray hydrofoil. This didn't seem to help the leaning any. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Sherminator

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Rinker with a list (leans to the left)

what kind of prop and size do you have on there? Do you have anything heavy on the port side of the boat? possibly in the rear hatch? do you have up and down play in your lower unit? i have probably identical boat with no leaning probs and i have a fin on mine too. does it pull to the left?

Mod49T

Recruit

I have a 19 pitch 5 bladed prop on. I have also tried a 19 and 21 pitch 3 bladed aluminum props. Same outcome. I took the hydrofoil off and it still leaned. The only thing that helped was I shimmed the left side of the hydrofoil and that leveled in out a bit. When I trim the outdrive up, after the boat has planed out, then the boat almost levels out. But getting out of the hole it leans to the left hard. Thanks

Sherminator

Petty Officer 3rd Class

oofta, this sounds like a tough one.. when the boat sits in the water does the left side sit more in the water than the right? if not then its something in the the drive line thats causing this.. if so then something is too heavy on the left. Im just thinking of ideas. I'll call a good buddy of mine and ask him the same question. hes pretty good about figuring out lil probs like this one. also i have gone to another website strictly for rinkers.. lot more people recogonize you there too! Rinkerboatowners.com
Andy

Sherminator

Petty Officer 3rd Class

you dont have anything dragging on that side do you? possibly a ladder or something? how does the bottom of the hull look? Im trying to help ya here just am thinking of ideas.

Sherminator

Petty Officer 3rd Class

1 more thing- has the boat always done this since you bought it? or just suddenly or eventually came to be?

bushman10

Cadet

My Larson LXI 208 5.0 MPI also leans but mine leans to the drivers side. I bought the boat new this year and was disappointed to see it lean even with no one in the boat. The left side is up almost 2" higher out of the water compared to the right side. Larson is saying that they might have to "shave" down the hull on the port side. They think their is possibly too much floatation in the hull and not a weight distribution problem. It takes about 200 lbs. on the left side and no weight on the drivers side to make the boat sit level. I'm Not Impressed!!!

mikey.himself

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow, that's odd. Would trim tabs not help?