Rigging Tube

BigNiner19

Petty Officer 1st Class
So everything has gone pretty smooth with my project. But I've sort of run into an odd issue with my rigging tube. The way my motor is set up (Mercury 115 4 stroke) it allows you to run everything in one rigging tube up to the motor cowling so you can keep everything nice and neat. Well, I did just that and it looks GREAT.

However, the big rubber piece that holds all my wires (battery cables, fuel line, harness, throttle cables) that the rigging tube is ty wrapped to tends to pull out when I make a turn under acceleration.

I made sure when I cut my rigging tube that it was long enough so it did not have pressure on it making the longest turn (as well as the cables/wires/hose) so I know that isn't the problem. The weight of the rigging tube itself seems to be the problem in my opinion.

Anyone ever run into a problem like this? Any remedies or ideas.

Thanks for any help and opinions. Here is a picture of my set up.

Here is a picture of it right before I screwed the other end of the rigging tube to the side of the boat, but you get a good idea of what it looks like.

DSC00097.jpg

Here is one that I found where you can kind of see it all together.

DSC00101.jpg

Cory

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Rigging Tube

I don't have a solution to your problem but your set up looks friggin' awesome!

BigNiner19

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Rigging Tube

I don't have a solution to your problem but your set up looks friggin' awesome!

Thanks for the compliment

Does anyone have any ideas for me? The rigging tube is not what pulls the rubber grommet piece out, its the weight of the rigging tube (with all the cables, hoses, wires inside). There has to be a way I could keep that rubber piece from popping out everytime I steer the boat.

Any ideas?

Cory