riding around with the bimini top up?

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: riding around with the bimini top up?

Most top supports have two positions open, meaning tops fully extended and tight. As well as a closed position, meaning the supports are up and folded together and the tarpage is rolled up and secured to the supports. If you do not have this option you may want to look into this easy mod.:)
rob

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I should probably note; I had mine altered by an upholstry shop. So it has reinforcing in "problem" areas. As well as the support system being reworked.

I run with my top in the rolled position 85% of the time. I do not know what it measures as far as water line to top, but on the trailer it clears my 10' door by 1/2". That being said, it is up in the air pretty far.
The only time I have ever had to let her down was on Lake Michigan in 4-5' waves. (I guess I could have slowed down:rolleyes:) Between that and the wind, it rocked pretty good.
As far as being opened up, I have run her to around mid 40's and not had problems. Seemed like anything faster and it wanted to not cooperate.
The most important thing I can tell you is, when you hook the bow straps when you open it, put a TWIST in them. This will reduce, if not eliminate, the strap from "slapping" against the window/boat. You also want to do as stated earlier, make sure everything is tight and adjusted properly.

MRS

Commander

If you put another tube on the back of the top and a strap to the front no problems with mine at just alittle past 40mph. I did have cheap straps on the front that did slip not good bought new straps with metal hardware no plastic buckles and is good to go..... Would probably go past 40mph but for now thats all the boat will do.......:D