crabman333555
Cadet
Thread starter- Joined
- Jan 27, 2005
- Messages
- 10
Thanks for you comments on my earlier post. I am confused as ever, but not so muchbecause of your post, as my vist to A/C boat show yesterday AFTER my original post. I talked with 5 vendors, including 2 Yamaha reps, and came away with differenct "EXPERT" opinions, including the Yamaha guys who even disagreed with each other. How is that for a headache? Again, my situiation:<br />22' C-hawk sport cabin, w/Yamaha 150 hp 3 blade aluminum prop (14 1/2 X 17) = 5100-5200 rpm's. Manual calls for 4500-5500 for 2 cycle motor 2003 model. They all agree, turning less than 5000 r's, loading engine, shortin life of motor. Over 5500 also no good, same results. ALL say same prop in SS will LOSE rpm's so different dia & pitch will need to change, but all say different specs. Now these people are "EXPERTS". Confusing huh? One Yamaha expert says I must be at 5500 exactly. BULL. So, now where do I find RIGHT scoop?