Reverse interlock switch

diann1

Seaman Apprentice
Wiring

Can anyone please tell me how this hooks up and were it hooks up Thank you so much

achris

More fish than mountain goat
That is the reverse lock valve and switch assembly from an MC-1 transom assembly. IF the transom still has the original Prestolite pump, then that valve locks the hydraulic system when the shift control is moved to REVERSE. As there are no check valves in the pump body, if that valve wasn't there (or is out of adjustment) the drive will kick up as power is applied. Later pumps have check valves built-in and this valve and switch are not required. The switch is wired so the pump will not run in the UP direction while the shift is in REVERSE. If it was allowed to, it would 'dead-head', stalling it or blowing hoses.... (DOWN still works due to a check valve in the reverse lock valve to allow it to be run DOWN).

It is wired in series with the blue UP circuit (between the 3 button panel and the solenoid mounting on the trim pump).

Chris.....

Last edited:

achris

I also looked for a wiring diagram. Not a lot from Mercruiser unfortunately. I'll go through some of the earliest manuals and see if I can find anything. That attachment above doesn't show that switch.

Chris.

alldodge

Staff member
It shows the hydraulic lock valve and the flow path, what switch are you talking about

achris

OP is referring to the reverse lockout switch. I only found it on one obscure drawing in manual 1. I'm on android atm, I'll post the drawing when I'm back on pc.

diann1

Seaman Apprentice
Can anyone please help me with this, I am not sure how to wire this and were the wires go Thank you for the help.

Attachments

• photo246581.jpg
    photo246581.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 5
  • photo246686.jpg
    photo246686.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 6

alldodge

Staff member
Okey Dokey

Looks like DonS made this one up in 2013
fetch

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...ard-engines-outdrives/618050-trim-pump-issues