Retail Checkout Behaviors

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Awhile back at work we were talking about cashiers at checkouts. The majority of us will choose the best looker even though there is a wait in line. Usually I do practice this behavior just because the woman is a looker or shapely (but NEVER if my Bride is along!!!).<br /><br />An aside, this behavior is how I met my wife! Took my sorry butt 4 weeks to ask her out for coffee. Sure glad I did!<br /><br />Anyone else do this?

eeboater

Commander
Re: Retail Checkout Behaviors

Actually pjc, my friends and I have a name for this. It is called "Target Rules." The rules are as follows:<br /><br />1. Upon arriving at checkout area, person paying must announce "Target Rules" to everyone Ye is shopping with.<br /><br />2. Ye must do one walk up and down the row of isles to locate the best looking checkout person.<br /><br />3. Checkout person MUST be female.<br /><br />4. Regardless of wait, Ye shall choose the best looking person's isle to check out. No exceptions.<br /><br />5. Failure to follow above rules results in endless harrassment.<br /><br />The Target rules were invented a while back when I roomed with my brother and my roomate from college. The local Target always had KNOCKOUT women at the checkout. As a result of that, every store we would go to from Target to Starbucks Target Rules were in effect.<br /><br />Sean

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

"Target Rules" :D :D most excellent ee!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Here in Baytown, you would never be able to buy anything. There are no good looking checkout women.<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> Here in Baytown, you would never be able to buy anything. There are no good looking checkout women.<br /><br />Ken
Yea, just walk around in circles all the time. :D

eeboater

Commander

Remember.. its the best looking. Even if they are all ugly... there has to be a "Best looking ugly gal."<br /><br />Ok... I feel really shallow now that I wrote that...<br /><br /><br />
bag.gif
<br /><br />Sean

Link

Rear Admiral

Target Rules... shallow works for me :D

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

"..... oh the girls all get prettier at closing time.. they all begin to look like movie stars." From some song in the dusty corner of my alleged mind.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm. Sometimes there are advantages to getting old.<br /><br />I look for the one who is quickest and the one who smiles at her customers the most. Whichever has the shortest line wins my business. If they are both the same girl, well. . . I remember her the next time I am in there.<br /><br />Danged few wimmin are ugly when they are smiling.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

LOL guys!!!<br /><br />"Danged few wimmin are ugly when they are smiling."....couldn't agree more JB. <br /><br />My Bride is very beautiful in my eyes, and it was indeed her smile and good nature that attracted me to her checkout line. Some day I'll post the whole story of why and how we hooked up due to her working a checkout. Is a good story of love stumbling together by happenstance. Yea,yea, mushy, ahhh...........

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I allways take the shortest line....And it's how I met my wife too. Looks aint everything ;)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

"Looks aint everything"<br />ahhh...yours or...?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> 3. Checkout person MUST be female.
Where you been hidin, eeb. This IS NOT a requirement today! :rolleyes:

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Fantastic Boom, you made it out of the closet!! :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: