Restoring Some 50s OMCS This Fall

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
They're all lookin' good, HT. :thumb:

Got some more awaiting your touch?

bspeth

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Love them Rudes,did you hand paint the shield on the front of that 56?I have a 7520 I would like to restore someday but I am no artist.

64osby

Admiral
You've been very busy. They all look fantastic. Nice work HT.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Wow, you must work fast. Winter hasn't hardly begun yet. How many more to do?

Nice job - is that North York paint?

Its going to be a slow year for me - I only have 1 to do, but its stuck, so that'll add time to it.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Thanks all.

Jim, yes NY Marine paint and decals on them. I have 5 more in various stages of resto right now, all for others too. No time to do my own!

bspeth, that is a decal. No way could I hand paint that! lol

bspeth

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I would love the source of the decals,its the only thing that kept me from starting a resto already

jbcurt00

Staff member
Nymarine.ca should have the decal

Same place HT got the paint

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I would love the source of the decals,its the only thing that kept me from starting a resto already
NYMarine.ca has all the popular late model "classic" decals, but they are not real "decals". They are "stickers". But once you clear coat them only a real officianado could tell the difference. Their paint is simply the best, bar none.

Google "outboard motor salvage decals". They have the genuine original waterslide decals, and their inventory covers most all outboards ever made. They are harder to apply, but if you want total originality, or need a decal for an older "antique", they are the way to go,

jbcurt00

Staff member
I think NyMarine also sells epoxy covered logos, so that they are more of a 3d badge.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
recommend American Outboards for decals (post 15, above), on the eastern shore in MD (Cordova). Ask for Dora -- knows more about parts and history than anybody you may have met to date. If you get there in person, ask to check out their salvage and parts stock (warehouses, semi trailers....)

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
I think NyMarine also sells epoxy covered logos, so that they are more of a 3d badge.

Yes look at my last pic of the '57 10hp Johnson. It has a NYMarine medallion on it. The original was smashed up and broken beyond repair.