Restoring a 1988 Wellcraft Scarab Sport

Bluwaterbrew84

Recruit
Hey guys,

I am restoring my 1988 Scarab Sport and stumbled across this forum while searching all things wellcraft. My plans are to remove the cuddy in the bow and make it an open center console. I also plan on making it a 3 piece boat. I am contemplating removing the bracket and extending the hull to create a euro-transom. Right now I have de rigged the boat and cut the deck out leaving only the deck ring.

I am hoping to get in touch with someone that has a 3-d CAD file of the hull. I would like to use this to design my new deck ring and liner as well as stringers. I have emailed Wellcraft and their parent company as well as left a message on Wellcraft's facebook page. Does anyone have any contacts at Wellcraft? I tried to find a phone number for the factory but couldn't find anything on the webpage.

Anyway, I have attached a pictures showing where I am at so far. I will try to keep adding pictures as a progress.

Attachments

• Boat.JPG
    Boat.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 3

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Unfortunately, I cannot help answer your questions, but I'd like to follow along and learn anything I can. As a fellow Wellcraft owner, I am impressed with your plan and look forward to seeing your progress...and lots of pictures.

alldodge

Staff member
Looks like quite a project. Wellcraft appears to want all questions to go thru their dealers, at least what I can find. Since this is model specific it's going to be rough like your finding out. Figure your also posting on the Wellcraft forum

fetch

alldodge

Staff member
[h=3]Norris Lake Boat Center[/h] Address: 1732 Jacksboro PikeLa Follette, TN 37766

Phone: (865) 256-9839

Bluwaterbrew84

Recruit
Thanks everyone, after about a million phone calls I got a number to Rec Boat Holdings which is the parent company of Wellcraft and a few other manufacturers. I was told to call back next Monday and given a name to talk to. Hopefully it will turn in to something.