Restoration off a Fletcher Arrowbeau (pics)

bigboy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey,<br /><br />Here's a link off my project! Enjoy the pics. The reason that I don't post the pics here is because it takes more time than this and the chance that they **** me off like on "scream and fly"(other boat forum) exists. The folowing pics near the project i'll post ont this forum! I promess ;) My fletcher!

TenE307

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Restoration off a Fletcher Arrowbeau (pics)

looks like the work will be worth it! this is a great forum (i dont know about others, because i dont go to any others). what i did was look for the newest worst taken care of boat that fit the requirements i wanted. i put almost two years of heart and soul in my project to get it on the water. many people thought i was crazy. but i did as good as a job as i could, and now even my sceptics are impressed. keep up the good work and dont let others get you down. keep the pics coming!

G DANE

Commander

I followed your thread on S&F. I think the lack of replies is caused by the fact that the Fletchers are unknown in USA. I've skied a lot behind a Fletcher with a Volvo 170 I/O - they are great boats with a soft handling in chop. Wish I had one now, instead of the one I am restoring. Are the prices fair down in Belgium ??

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander

That a nice looking boat, and so far you have done a great job!! If you're looking for a good spot to post a project log, check out the link in my signature. Quite a few iboats members have projects on that site. Check out Tengal's Cruise Craft restoration while you're there...that should motivate you.<br /><br />Have fun. Happy boating.

bigboy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by G DANE:<br /> I followed your thread on S&F. I think the lack of replies is caused by the fact that the Fletchers are unknown in USA. I've skied a lot behind a Fletcher with a Volvo 170 I/O - they are great boats with a soft handling in chop. Wish I had one now, instead of the one I am restoring. Are the prices fair down in Belgium ??
Cool, you've folowed my project along there. What do you mean with the price? Or it's cheap or what? They ripped me off whit this boat. I didn't knew is was rot and it's and molded inner so you couldnt see it... But i'm happy with the model off this boat. A good lenght and with.

G DANE

Commander

What I ment, was how much should I pay for a good used Fletcher in Belgium, if I wend down there for it. they are rather expensive here.

bigboy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

SiggiJo

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Good looking boat - like the lines. I started a project this spring - 14' speed/ski boat w/ 70 HP Rude and almost done - but fortunately my floor and transom needed very little work - but look at it this way: When you are done, you know it´s been done right and it will last a long time, so keep at it.<br /><br />I live in England but work in Brussels. Where in Belgium do you hang out?

G DANE

Commander

Thanks Bigboy - looks a lot cheaper that here - I mailed one of the guys !

bigboy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by SiggiJo:<br /> Good looking boat - like the lines. I started a project this spring - 14' speed/ski boat w/ 70 HP Rude and almost done - but fortunately my floor and transom needed very little work - but look at it this way: When you are done, you know it´s been done right and it will last a long time, so keep at it.<br /><br />I live in England but work in Brussels. Where in Belgium do you hang out?
Hey, I live in Hamme near Dendermonde. I live 8km from Dendermonde and 10 from St-Niklaas.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

That looks to be a nice boat when complete. Don't worry about Scream & Fly, for them it isn't a boat unless it peels the eyelids off at 80 miles per hour....

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

The dolly you made for the hull is great. You obviously understand the need to support the hull while it's cut apart from the top and floor. Also your method of lifting the top off looks good too. How do you keep the garage so tidy??<br /><br />Oh, the boat is sharp looking too! Looks light and quick, what kind of motor?

bigboy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by CalicoKid:<br /> The dolly you made for the hull is great. You obviously understand the need to support the hull while it's cut apart from the top and floor. Also your method of lifting the top off looks good too. How do you keep the garage so tidy??<br /><br />Oh, the boat is sharp looking too! Looks light and quick, what kind of motor?
Hmm tidy...? At the pics it was not tidy, now it's tidy! It's important to keep it all clean for a good work method. I hate it when its a mess and all the dust so... I'm going to put a 140 suzuki on his back!
x1poKKs0nDau6Jc3vuru5ziGzUP3OZ5TUIGOhFhIbubSpbFi10fxb8_0bM7xK676sfIo9lNaMTxJDEuqEfKzR6yAmB3I9scBwOsqmhJTYTjfxTFMt8oD3whM1dNnGoSCC5JSze27AWA0CPlHCLY4hTd3g