response timeout

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Why is it, When I'm typing a response to a question, suddenly my complete webpage, and answer goes away. It refreshes or something? Never happens anywhere else.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Wonder if you might be inadvertently selecting a shortcut key combination. For example CTRL r does a page refresh and since the CTRL key is under the SHIFT key, maybe mis-hitting a key.

I'm only asking because when I try to type fast, I have things like that happen and it's all I can think of. And it only happens here because this is my most active forum.

Other than mis-typing keys, I have no other idea, grub.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
I type with 1 finger. For what it's worth, CTRL r isn't part of my keyboard vocabulary. Those keys are at least 2 fingers apart. :lol: - Grandad

GA_Boater

Oh I type with one finger, too. But sometimes my thumb punches a key. And on a laptop with a keypad, it gets me into more trouble. :eek:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
One finger typing? Heck I had to be able to type almost a hundred words a minute before they would let me graduated the academy!

:lol:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Oh I type with one finger, too. But sometimes my thumb punches a key. And on a laptop with a keypad, it gets me into more trouble. :eek:

I can type with 4, 2 fingers on each hand....Lol I turned off the mouse pad because I would accidentally hit it and end who knows where, it drove me crazy....

GA_Boater

Yeah maby I'm bumping something.......

I don't know if that's the cause of the page restore or whatever is happening, grub. I finally noticed it was usually when I hit SHIFT to type a cap. I Googled Short Cut keys and there are so many with SHIFT+CTRL+ some letter that do things. I guess I fat-finger both when trying to cap a letter. I don't know for sure.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
4 times within a half hour last night. Kept having to retype my entire response.

toneeees

Administrator
4 times within a half hour last night. Kept having to retype my entire response.

That would be a pain.

What browser are you using?

Do you have any plugins installed? Maybe an ad blocker?

Is it still happening today?

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
OK. It just happened to me again. I was responding to a thread on trailer bunks. After 15 minutes composing and editing, I got that annoying pop-up that we're supposed to ignore. The problem this time was that I was in the process of hitting the "back" button within my text. Hitting the back button in combination with the pop-up blew away my post and returned me to the thread, but it didn't actually log me out. :mad: - Grandad

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I'm using a surface pro 3, with the Microsoft edge browser. I don't think it's the browser as it would do it before the update to windows 10,ans still does at times.

toneeees

Administrator
It sounds like the Auto Save script is still having issues at points. We will look into it.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
It sounds like the Auto Save script is still having issues at points. We will look into it.

Hi toneeees. In post #13 above, I complained that I was thrown out with no sign of the post that I was editing. Today, when I opened that same thread, there was a note that my text had been saved, so I recovered it successfully. But yesterday, at the time, there was no indication of anything having been saved. - :confused: Grandad