Reseal cabin door frame

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Looking good - nice work, thanks for sharing

The new LED's are great - been installing/learning more about them lately. Suggest indirect lighting is the way to go in a lot of cases. I put some behind the bed frame - thy're all adjustable by remote, make great low-level and night lighting in the room. Thinking about doing similar in the boat this season with other projects, including resealing hatch and cabin door

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
So it was not a straight forward remove and install. At the top had about a half inch gap on each corner which made a half inch gap at the top of the ceiling where the frame meets the dash. Exactly where rain water was getting in and running down the ceiling. I had to sand down about a half inch of the top of the door way to get the door frame to fit flush. I will get the everything nice and straight and treat that core material with a strip of csm and some poly to seal it off.

Attachments

• 0116210955.jpg
    0116210955.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 2

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
Looking good - nice work, thanks for sharing

The new LED's are great - been installing/learning more about them lately. Suggest indirect lighting is the way to go in a lot of cases. I put some behind the bed frame - thy're all adjustable by remote, make great low-level and night lighting in the room. Thinking about doing similar in the boat this season with other projects, including resealing hatch and cabin door
I like those lights. I was amazed when I turned them on how much I could see. I was using one of those lights that take a battery and you press to turn on/off. I could not get that thing in the right place to see to save my life. It would find it way directly into my eyes though. This works great though and you can daisy chain if more is needed.

I finally got my hatch window out and cleaned up. Fitting the weather strips in the grooves. Then i need to go over and prepare the port for install.

Attachments

• 0116211950.jpg
    0116211950.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 2