replacement pontoon furniture

Status
Not open for further replies.

glust

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Greeting all and happy new year. replacing pontoon furniture on a 1984 Tracker party hut 30'. Pontoonstuff.com has a neat floor planner, are there brands I should gravitate to? Stay away from? Boat will be outside year round and not covered in the off season. Thanks in advance

ahicks

Captain
Check out Wise pontoon boat seating on Amazon for best prices.

glust

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for the tip. Quality of this product ok?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Not covered means that the sunlight will kill the new seats quickly

ahicks

Captain
Thanks for the tip. Quality of this product ok?
I would call it exactly that - OK.
And I believe Scott's note too. If you don't keep ANY vinyl furniture clean and covered, it's going to have a limited lifetime. Sun tears this stuff up in a hurry.

glust

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I noticed that covers are available and seemed to be reasonably priced. The seats on it now are original and boat has not been covered in the 8 years I have had it. I will look into covers. Thanks.

legalfee

Petty Officer 1st Class
Definitely get seat covers. I got mine custom made and they separately cover the seats console and sun deck. To me this is better than the whole boat cover especially since I take my boat out in the winter and can leave some seats covered.

MailinCaser

Recruit
My friend uses Full Spectrum phytolamps, full spectrum, but with peaks in the red and blue zone

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
yeah...unfortunately, covering my pontoon is the lesser of two evils. Covering my pontoon has resulted in "scorching" the vinyl of the rolled bumper edging. It's because the cover heats up excessively where it touches the vinyl. I tried attaching pool "noodles" between the cover and seating....no luck...they wouldn't stay adhered to the cover....yep, I tried multiple adhesives.
Leaving it uncovered resulted in pollen, dirt, moss on the carpet, mildewed life jackets, etc. I even left my double bimini top up, didn't help...
Not trying to be the bad guy here......just relating my experience.
My pontoon furniture butts up against the railing and extends above the railing, which is the primary problem....and doesn't let individual covers work.....
Here's a pic of my sundeck cover.....boat is an '06 pontoon......I guess 16 years isn't too bad though...
Anyone have a remedy, i'm ready to listen....'cause i'm looking at furniture also....

Attachments

• CA9A234F-9E43-45AC-A5DA-940A97C69880.jpeg
    CA9A234F-9E43-45AC-A5DA-940A97C69880.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.