Replacement parts

karleem

Recruit
good afternoon, I have a 1993 caravelle inboard/outboard ski boat. the boat needed some work but i got it as a project boat. I am having some problems with my trim. when i go to move it up or down it just clicks. thought it could be the relays so went and replaced them and it is still doing the same thing. Any ideas or suggestions? i am thinking it is a sonliod but not sure. thanks in advanced

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
if relays click next step is to check what comes out to feed power to the t&T motor..assuming a 2 wire T&T check for +12 and ground to the trim motor via blue-green or your colors if different . up and down just reverses the power and grd. check fuses or any interrupt feature of the source power. clean all junctions

if relays put out power ok and motor does not react ......could be open wiring between relays and motor ....look for bent/cracked wiring ...or dead motor.

see typical..similar layout on a outboard

Attachments

• 2-wire-Trim.jpg
    2-wire-Trim.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 2

karleem

Recruit
Okay so i figured out what was causing my trim not to work it is the teen sender. part number is 03850470 it goes on a omc cobra volvo does any one know replacement part numbers or something that works for it?

88 Capri (2022 SOTY)

Senior Chief Petty Officer
That looks like an OMC part number that you listed, search eBay or the web itself to find a source.