Replacement Ladder

Gino27

Cadet
My Stingray 180LX has a 2 rung Windline ladder on the rear platform that I'd like to replace with a 3 or 4 rung. The original ladder had holes that are 12" center to center, and I can't seem to find any ladders that aren't either 10" or 14" center to center. Do you all know of any ladders that would fit my spec, or should I just fill the existing holes and make a bracket to cover them up with a narrower ladder?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
It's hard to find a ladder to fit the current setup. The mfg change the designs as often as we change our underwear.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
boat hardware is bought from an NMMA consortium of parts. some are from ASG (attwood/garelick/etc), some from off-shore sources.

many of the ladders that were available last year may not be available this year.

tpenfield

Staff member
Shop similar brands, (Amarine, Attwood, etc.) to see if you can find a fit. Lots of online products don't show enough of the dimensions to make a proper choice.

If the holes are 12" apart on-center, then the ladder is probably advertised as a 14" ladder (perhaps) :unsure:

Gino27

Cadet
Shop similar brands, (Amarine, Attwood, etc.) to see if you can find a fit. Lots of online products don't show enough of the dimensions to make a proper choice.

If the holes are 12" apart on-center, then the ladder is probably advertised as a 14" ladder (perhaps) :unsure:
I haven't been able to find anything listed as 14" or with 12" hole separation. Thinking I'll just have to make a plate to cover the holes and drill fresh.