Replacement Fin Strap???

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer
I have a pair of ScubaPro Seawing fins. I bought them in 1990 so they are 16 years old. One of the straps finally broke. I have searched high and low but I can not find a strap to replace it. The stap is a simple 1 1/2" wide strap..no ribs..no frils...just a strap. The bucket holds it with friction. Every dive shop I have looked at...in person or online...only have replacement straps with ribs or special buckles for exact models (they won't fit the buckle).

Does anybody know where I can either find a replacement strap (or two) or where I can find an alternative (surgical tubing maybe??...thin rubber tie-down? )

I love my seawings and don't want to have to replace them with something else (since they don't make them anymore).

-JMW

bilgeboy

Cadet
Re: Replacement Fin Strap???

Post a pic, please. I have alot of old fins and drive through N Attleboro almost daily.

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier, I'm a newb.

Mike

Bill Adkins

Seaman

I think my old jet fins used a simple smooth strap. Could check I guess. I have used Mares fins for the past....I cant believe its been that long but I went from Power Planas up through Plana Quatros. I like the Plana Avantis the most I guess, all the letters have worn off. Anyway I think the old Jet Fins used a flat strap with a baile clip to lock it.
Bill

steiger

Recruit

You could change to spring straps,XSScuba sells them in a package that fit just about any fin.

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

I tried a generic replacement strap (that had the ribs on the strap) and it worked. Thanks for the info.

-JMW