Replacement bumper cover

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
My daughter hit a racoon while doing about 60 mph in her Chevy Cruze, and it did a bit of damage to the bumper cover (and maybe some of the other plastic on the right front bumper area), so I was looking for an inexpensive option to fix it. I found a place on Ebay that sells bumper covers prepainted to match your vehicle, for pretty good price, so I ordered one.

When the package was delivered, it was about 1/3 as long as the car is wide. I thought for sure they sent me the wrong thing, or that I had been scammed, or something like that. As it turns out, they ship the bumper covers folded into thirds so they use UPS (rather than freight shippers) for a substantial savings. A little attention to the folded area with a blow dryer, and the bumper cover opened up, with nary a wrinkle or a crack in the paint.

I was really surprised by all this. Who would guessed they could ship these things this way, without any damage. (In a related sense, I was equally surprised at how many Youtube videos there are on 'unfolding a bumper cover'.)

Learn something new every day... makes me wonder how many other parts they ship similarly?