Replace Zodiac Floor

Sabiguzman

Recruit
Hi everyone,

After reading some of the posts on this website, I thought I'd sign up and help out where I can. I've been in the inflatable industry for about 10 years now, 7 of which I worked directly for Zodiac. The ' Strongan ' name is used because it is different than all other pvc's in the market. Difference is that Zodiac has 2 threads inside the fabric....1 running longitudinal in the tube and the other running horizontal....which is why you may see the ' Duotex ' word in their catalogues. Almost all other pvc's in the industry have the single thread between the layers of fabric. The dual thread reduces the bendability in the tube when on the water. I have seen some comments about the thickness of fabrics. The thicker the fabric does not mean it is more durable...if anything, it is harder to work with when doing repairs. What counts in any brand of inflatable's fabric, is what is inside the fabric.

I've done several repairs to inflatables, rigged up quite a few, and have seen brand names come and go over the years but if anyone has a question to ask me, please feel free here to ask and I will do my best to help out with my comments, concerns and opinions.

Cheers.
Hi!
I have a Zodiac Mark ll Futura.
I have to replace the entire floor because it’s damaged.
I’ve been looking for the fabric to replace it and seems is hard to find. I need 4 sq meters
Do you know where I can find it in the US?
I tried to contact Zodiac and they couldn’t help me…

I really appreciate the information you posted here! Super informative

Thanks.

Chief Petty Officer
Dealers charge per square inch, not by the meter . You can find official dealers through their website depending on your country. There are dozens. If it's too expensive you can try Aliexpress for cheaper material but generally speaking when buying anything boating related , especially with materials, you get what you pay for.