Repairing transom, not ready to repaint the entire boat, what should I do for now?

RonJon24

Seaman
I have a 14' sea nymph boat that I am repairing the transom on. I am striping the whole back section (inside and out) the best I can, and then priming and replacing the wood. The outside of the boat is flat green, the inside is a textured sand green. Eventually I would like to strip the entire boat inside and out and repaint it... light texture of some sort on the inside and a blue or red on the outside. I want to use tractor enamel with hardener when I paint the entire boat.

how can I finish the back now, to where it will get me through the season, and not be difficult to paint when it comes time to paint the whole boat?

I'd also like some opinions on the best way to seal the inside of the boat and apply texture. I was originally planning to use spray in bed liner but I've heard some much negative I plan to stay away from it. Also because it only seems to come in dark colors and I don't want the heat that brings.

Ideas please!!!

photo copy.jpgbefore removal .JPGover all 5.jpgTransom 3.jpgtransom 4.jpg