Repair of small tears in vinyl boat seats

dougkeene

Cadet
I've got a '76 Crestliner which is perfect except for one 1/2 inch tear in the drivers side seat vinyl. The vinyl is orange...really hard to find these days. Is there a way to repair the tear, or at least a way to protect it so it doesn't spread further? I'd rather not do a duct-tape repair, but don't know what else to do.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Re: Repair of small tears in vinyl boat seats

Easy repair Doug, just call your nearest car dealership and ask there used car manager. Ask him if you can use one of his vendors to repair you seat. Should cost maybe $50.00 to perhaps 100.00 if hes feeling broke.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Vinyl repair kits are available in most hardware stores. Under $10.

Bondo

Staff member

I happen to Like Duct Tape Upholstery......... :D

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Originally posted by Bondo:<br /> I happen to Like Duct Tape Upholstery......... :D
Only one issue there, not all of us like racing silver for striping.......errr duct hasnt evloved to choice in color's has it... :eek: . Could be a marketing phenom......... :D

Bondo

Staff member

I've seen Black, Silver, Blue, Red,+ 2 Shades of Green,......... ;) <br /><br />And I ain't Really been Lookin'............

horsefly38425

Petty Officer 1st Class

we have white at work,but it looks like i will have more money in my seats than boat is worth.Vinyl repair kits have come a long way over the yrs.In your case i would try it

dougkeene

Cadet

Thanks for all the help. I'll try to find a vinyl repair kit, and if that fails I'll take it to a car upolstery shop here in town. No duct tape...unless I can find it in orange!<br /><br />Thanks!