Removing top section from bottom on an imperial trihull

I have the top section loose all around the boat but back at the transom the splash well back wall is epoxied to the transome on the inside. I really didn't want to cut the back out of the spashwell to get the top off, any ideas on how to free it so I can finish taking the top off and get on to my floor repair. I am also installing a new transom which is the reason I am trying to remove the top section.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Removing top section from bottom on an imperial trihull

Ayuh,... Just sawzall it appart wherever is going to most convenient to put back together....
Vertical, Horizonal, whatever works... Drill abunch a Holes,...

redfury

Commander
Re: Removing top section from bottom on an imperial trihull

I used a sawzall blade on a jigsaw type tool that uses them. A fein saw would work also if you have access to one.

What I did was cut as much as I could, made sure I had a cut around everything that could be holding the cap to the hull at the transom, and then took my hydraulic floor jack, some scraps of wood to displace the pressure put on the splashwell and started jacking. Once I got some pressure on the splashwell, I started to work on more cutting until the cap "popped" and then jacked the rest off the way.