removing l/u & powerhead

burto

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Messages
2
Im having trouble removing powerhead & l/u from my chrysler 105,model no.1057hd ser,no.1203.<br />Have removed all 7 bolts,including trim tab bolt,removed gear selector pin,but only dropped about 1-2mm &wont budge.<br />Same thing with powerhead,all bolts removed,but only seperates about 1-2mm.<br />Sounds like driveshaft seized in motor??<br />Am I missing anything else?
 

TimMattson

Seaman
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
69
Re: removing l/u & powerhead

The last Force I pulled had a connector on the shift rod that had two roll pins ,punchout the lower one AFTER marking the location with a scribe or feltpen.<br /> Try Mapp gas on the crank to possibly help the shaft out....Teak wedges in your gap and then dunking in a vat of water will amaze your friends.<br /> Tim <br /> ps Try looking for a 1/4 allen bolt above the prop area!It may need a flashlight to be seen.
 

burto

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Messages
2
Re: removing l/u & powerhead

Thanks for the advice fellas, but I managed to get it apart .Driveshaft was rusted in the crankend.
 
Top