FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am trying to get the race out the front of the lower unit on my 66 stringer. I cant seem to get enough bite with my improv tools. How do I get it out???
My manual for a 72 Stringer says you use a special tool #380657 - referred to as a" Propeller Shaft Cup and Needle Bearing Remover" along with a slide hammer.
There is a photo in the manual showing the tool inserted into the bearing race and the slide hammer but not clearly enough to really show how it works. I would assume some sort of fingers on the tool are able to get into some relief area behind the race.