relay

Vinnieos

Recruit
I'm new to this forum so apologies if I'm off base: What is the 2 wire sw mounted between the tilt/trim pivots up by the cable guide. It has a plunger type actuator. Q2, My tilt/trim unit locks in fully up position. In a day or 2 it will release or with a slight control valve release it will descend appropriately ... any suggestions Thank you V innie

tpenfield

Staff member
@Vinnieos

Welcome to iBoats . . .

Do tell us a bit more about the engine/boat, as that always helps with responses. It sounds like you are referring to an outdrive or an outboard motor. Let us know and we'll move your thread to the proper forum.
:)

Vinnieos

Recruit
Thank you Guys, I have a 1998 Johnson 90 hp long shaft outboard 4 cylinder, 2 stroke with tilt/trim. The switch is on the hinged assembly to the transom plate. It has a plunger type activator but the closest metal is the steering tube, it is about 1/4" away.
Now for question 2, (wondering if they're one and the same. My tilt/trim unit locks when in fully up position. In a day or 2 it will release or with a slight manual control valve release and reclose it will operate up/down with no problems as long as it is not taken to full up position. ... any suggestions Thank you Vinnie

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I believe It is the ---" tilt limit switch "-----On some boats the cowling might hit part of the boat.---Prevents damage to the cowling.------It is easily adjusted with no tools required

Vinnieos

Recruit
Racerone, thank you, that makes sense and may solve the "locking" Tilt issue. At least I'll test it and see what happens. And if I lose a finger well .... :) Vinnie