Relax

Drowned Rat

Captain
Lots of heavy debate on the ole' board lately! How about some lighter subject matter? The weather here in Arizona is beautiful today. The Sun is shinning, it's 91 degrees, 10% humidity and lake Havasu is calling my name. Gonna spend a relaxing weekend on the lake and forget about life for a while. :)

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Relax

Mid 50's here this am. Took a cup of coffee with me to the boat to ponder it's spring cleanup. The ice is off the smaller lakes and i hope to get out early next week. Sure is nice to be out and about in the yard in a T-shirt again. Sure glad it's time to re-commision the ol vessel...I'm getting excited!

gonfishn

Commander

Tomorrow it will be in the mid 70s and I am off. At 6am I will be on my favorttie lake to chase the warrior..Life is good :)

KennyKenCan

Commander

Well,<br /><br />If the weatherman is correct, it's suppose to be in the 70's this weekend, but I have my doubts, as the temp right now is only 41*!<br /><br />I do have plans on getting the yacht uncovered and evaluated for its needs this weekend.<br /><br />Hopefully be able to start all the waxing and polishing too.<br /><br />Hope to be able to put in the water by May 8th.

LubeDude

Admiral

Great, You all are having great weather, and Im getting my boat back today and its raining cats and dogs, AND YOU WANT ME TO BE UPBEAT!!!!!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There ya go LubeDude, all that negative stuff again.<br />I thought we covered this last week. :p

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Last few days we have had heavey rains, no sun, windy and seven foot seas!!!! Not even good weather for a duck!!!!<br /><br />And Drownedrat says to lighten up!!!<br /><br />O K!!!!!<br /><br />I will be happppppppy tomorrow! tomorrow!!!!!<br /><br />The sun will be bright, temps in the 60s-70s<br />And I'll be able to work on the boat again!!! ;) :cool: <br /><br />Have a Great Day Everybody!!!!!! :D :D

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Well, a couple of weeks a go I fired up the boat to get her ready. Then the weather turned bad. This weekend is suppose to be great weather. Tonight I am going shooting with the wife and friends, but Friday night I finish getting the boat ready for this weekend. I am really looking forward to playing with it. <br /><br />If she does well at the lake Sat. I am taking her on the river Sunday, for the first time that I have owned her. It will also be my first time piloting a boat on the river. I hope everyone has a safe time boatig this weekend.

gaugeguy

Captain

The sun is shining, finally. Just bought a new boat for the kids to beat on this summer and I am going fishing this weekend...things are looking up

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Low 80's here.<br /><br />Windy but that is the norm. Begonias and Panseys are starting to take root and grow.<br />Bermuda grass is greening up by so is the Poe Annua :mad: <br />Got the plugs changed in my truck, sure runs smoother at idle, got some new ones for my wife's car. Bosch Platinums.<br /><br />Got some chicken getting ready for the grill, will do it with Mesquite and maybe some baked apples.<br /><br />All if fine in this little corner of God's world.<br />Oh, and my son made a B+ on a math test, he is estatic. He has been really having to work at it.<br /><br />"Don't get to upset with life, it ain't nohow permenent"

LubeDude

Admiral

Ok, Ill try:<br /><br />Lets see, works going good today, My Clamatis that I have been babying for 3 years is beautiful this year, I have most of the yard work done so when I get my boat back I should be able to enjoy it, My folks are coming over this afternoon for diner and I was going to barBQ but it is raining, Also I always keep my boat under cover and I took it in for repairs one week ago and it has been out in the rain for a whole week and that makes me sick, Sorry, I just couldnt keep it up!!!

Carphunter

Commander

Originally posted by LubeDude<br />
My Clamatis that I have been babying for 3 years is beautiful this year
Hey, I don't think they allow that kinda talk here. :D

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hummmm,<br /><br />My Clamatis? :confused: <br /><br />Anything like "My Shore-own-na"? :cool: <br /><br />Hope you don't get Calitus when you touch your Clamitis! :D

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

got my boat back from the shop. went to the lake put it fierd right up. backed out went nice and easy about 1/2 down the lake and nailed it jumped out of the water. trimed her out look at gps doing 68 mph. no vibe from the lower unit. boats U.S paid for new lower unit. thay started my basement this morning man life's great.

Link

Rear Admiral

Well we won't talk about this week or weekend coming up.. more liquid sunshine! But the last two weekends have been great! Low to mid 70's and plenty of sun! Boats being towed every where :) <br />Took my wife, her mother (and Sandy dog) down to the boat launch to eat dinner, feed the sea gulls and watch all the boating activity.<br /><br />Link

bobingardner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I took my boat out for the first time this year on Good Friday. The weather was supposed to be cold and rainy with a possibility of snow but the day turned out warm and sunny. The motor started on the first pull and ran flawlessly all day. My brother and I fished 2 lakes and caught 7 trout between us, 4 rainbows, 2 browns, and a small brookie. With the long weekend just a day away I'm looking forward to three more mornings on the water.

bubbakat

Captain

What is wrong with you guys? :eek: I have been fishing four times already this year and had to mow the stupid lawn twice. It is beautiful here and now my wife wants the yard mowed again this weekend before I can go fishing. I would divorce her if I wasn't so scared of her. :D :D <br />Nothing honey ,yes dear I am heading to the laundry room now :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

And tha' latest from the Muddy Banks of the Mighty Ohio River......just got above 70 degrees today, river is still 8 to 9 foot above the norm. All kinds of crap floating down the river...wouldn't dare launch for fear of the gear case. BUT!!!! the weather man say (if ya' kin believe him) that it's going to git better. Yeah....sure.....

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Central Calif.<br />High 60's and low 70's. Perfect weather. Took the boat out today. We were getting the boat ready to back down to the launch ramp and guess what? Hubby started up the truck and nothing. Starter trouble. So, took some time getting the starter back working and backed the boat down to the water and got launched fine. Boat motor started up beautifully, but when it was put into forward/reverse it would die. So we rowed around a bit while Hubby looked at the motor and it looks like the carburator. <br />Husband: <br />
Couldn't have picked a more pleasant place to work on the truck than on the banks of a lake. Beautiful setting!
:D <br /> Gotta love him! I know some men(my Dad- brother) that something like that would have ruined his day and anyone around him. A great day gone bad so easily.<br /> So, we'll take the little aluminum 12 footer out Monday and Hubby will get this motor going later. Pays to have a backup.<br />Bassy :)