Reinell 246 BR

reference123

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Went looking at boats today and found a 2005 Reinell 246 BR with the Volvo 8.1 (385 HP) and DuoProp.<br /><br />Cant find any reviews or info on these online. Does anyone have experience with the Reinells and what would a good price be? Dealer is asking $38,000.

Rick Byers

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Reinell 246 BR

The 246 BR Reinell is completely new design that was released in mid year 2004. I test drove one acouple months ago. My opinion a very stable and comfortable boat. The price if I remember right around $39,600 with the 8.1. I am waiting for 06 that hull is rumored to be coming as a Cuddy then I trade my BlueWater for a Reinell.

vacayooper

Cadet
Re: Reinell 246 BR

I own a 2003 Reinell 200 LSE and I love the boat. My better half does not like the ride however and so I am looking for a heavier boat. Reinell and every other brand in it's price range suffer from poor attention to detail, poor fit and finish, and questionable manufacturing techniques. But if you are willing to take the time and go over the boat and correct the obvious defects you will be left with a reliable and attractive boat. Nearly all boat manufacturers use the same engine and/or outdrive combinations so keeping it maintained and correcting the minor issues that occur each and every time on boats of this class will keep you on the water and provide years of enjoyment.